Sunday, September 13, 2009

Three in a row

It's strange how the human mind works.I feel like I should be posting today as I've had a decent run at the virtual felt over the last couple of nights and yet there doesn't seem much to say.Well apart from moaning that Sharkscope is still tilting me hard by failing to record more of my Party sng cashes! I played just two $22's late yesterday afternoon,taking a 1st and a 2nd just as the s-man arrived for our weekly ps3/movie fest.Sharkscope missed both results.

If I was organised I'd probably keep my own spreadsheet to calculate my actual roi/hourly rate on Party, but I've grown so used to using Sharky for tracking my sng play on Stars ( almost 100% coverage) that apart from keeping monthly stats I've never bothered with any other records.

Anyways after the s-man arrived yesterday we fired up the PS3,got stuck into Motorstorm Pacific Rift and managed to squeeze the Bond film "Quantum of Solace" in too.The s-man was also kind enough to help me get a new ad up on my blog and also to inform me that my Ipod Nano thingy can play video podcasts too.( I thought it was audio only) I've just downloaded "The Damned United" vid podcast and it works! I loved the book and will be getting the film out to rent soon."I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one." is one of my favourite Cloughie quotes.

When the s-man left I fired up a couple of $27 sng's on Stars and took down both of them to boost my Stars roll to just over the $500 mark.Having won the last sng I played on Stars the other night( a $16 sng)that makes it three wins in a row which makes a change for me on Stars as I've run horribly there over the last few hundred games.

So far then it's been a decent month at the virtual felt, mainly thanks to running well this weekend.I've only played about 40 sng's so far though since Sept 1st and really need to crank up the volume and get grinding more.When not running like total crap it's easy to get carried away and lose track of the fact that I make around $2 per game regardless of short-term results.If I'm going to keep that mindset during downswings then I need to keep thinking that way when things are going reasonably well too.

Plans for this week? Well I haven't seen Step A for a couple of weeks as she's not been going to her Dads so I've offered to take her out for something to eat next week to catch up.Rangers first Champions League game away to Stuggart is on Wednesday night,I've got the dentist on Thursday and a ticket for the Gers away game on Saturday.

Back soon...


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Monday, 14 September, 2009, Anonymous David said...

Great post! I really like the way you write.

 
At Monday, 14 September, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Wow David ,you mean your not just spamming me for the poker site your name links to? Thanks again....

 
At Tuesday, 22 September, 2009, Anonymous David said...

Nope. Not at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document