Monday, May 31, 2010

Cashout

After hitting the tables and dropping $150 at the $22's on Thursday night I headed over to the s-mans on Friday for a fine night of Call of Duty ps3 action.I dropped the dog off at Step A's for the weekend on the way over and managed ( after a lot of "whatevers" and "don't cares" ) to persuade the wee one to let me take her to one of the local hairdressers tomorrow to enquire about their apprenticeship scheme.She's left school now ( at 15) and is talking about college, but with an apprenticeship she'll get on the job training as well as being supported through college work part-time.

I was out for lunch with my folks on Sat afternoon before settling down to take a shot at the Party $55 sngs.After my recent good run I was hoping the poker gods would be on my side, but instead I ran horribly,losing almost every key flip and being scudded by 2-3 outers etc.Even when I wasn't involved in the pot,shortstacks would come back from the dead on the bubble,usually just in time for me to shove into Aces yet again.In short it was poker hell, although strangely I was still enjoying the buzz of playing at stakes which really meant something to me.

I did cash in a few and the only consolation is that I wagered aprox $2200 over 40 games and only lost $600.( pretty standard 12 buy-in downswing) There were a few solid regs in each game, but in some respects it was even more frustrating to lose when the majority of the competition were weekend spew monkeys.

After under-estimating my car insurance renewal total ( there's a shock eh! ),only getting half-pay this month and with the bill for my car parking space due again soon I'd been thinking about cashing out again and I took the plunge yesterday,withdrawing $1k and leaving myself with the smallest online bankroll I've had for a few years.

The current favourable exchange rate and my reduced desire to play much poker recently were also factors and I'm hoping that some of my hunger to play may return now that I no longer have much of a cushion to fall back on.( left with aprox $750 on Stars + Party)

I don't believe in bankroll challenges as it's always my goal to make as much profit as possible regardless of the size of my roll, but I suppose it will be a "run good" challenge to try and rebuild from here without dropping down in stakes.My Stars roll was as low as 58 cents at one point,although I did have four $16's running and managed to cash in a couple of them to avert busting.I was also aware that I still had a healthy roll on other sites to fall back on and I won't have that safety net this time.

Back soon...

2 Comments:

At Monday, 31 May, 2010, Blogger BurnleyMik said...

Wow, you really moved up well to the $55's mate. Shame life stuff always makes us draw our rolls, or you might be at the $100's by the end of the year! ;o)

Good Luck with the re-building.

ATB

BM

 
At Wednesday, 02 June, 2010, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers BM.From watching training vids I don't think the standard improves much until the $100 level.The $55's were certainly soft.Hopefully I can rebuild and take another shot sometime...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document