Thursday, May 20, 2010

Donkey Calls...

I did see a man about a particularly aromatic dog earlier in the week so the cutting down on the weed plan will be resumed this Sunday!

On Wednesday I spent the afternoon playing Modern Warfare 2 with lads from the 2+2 forum and it was a good laugh as usual.After dinner I decided I fancied some live poker and headed to The Alea in Glasgow for the £22 turbo ( 15 min blinds) game.It's the same game they run on a Sat afternoon and I reckon I'll be back to play a lot more often as the turbo format means it's not going to finish at some ridiculous hour.

It's 10000 chips to start with and apart from one raise ( uncontested) with AK,I folded my way through most of the first few levels before being moved to another table.

I then managed to donk off most of my stack when someone min-raised and I called from the big blind with Q3s.The flop came Queen high and although I couldn't think of hand I actually beat,I still managed to call off most of my stack.The min-raiser had Aces obviously.

I was all in for my last few chips with 62 and won a multi-way pot with two pair before being moved again and being on the right side of an AA v KK cooler.In the big blind with about 7k ( blinds 1k-2k) I shoved over the button and small blind when they limped.I held 910 and hoped I had at least some fold equity or two live cards if one of them called.The button called with KQ ,I didn't improve and that was that.Perhaps I could have waited and hoped to pick up hand in the blinds.Hmmmm.

I didn't hit the tables until late last night and had a decent night,winning $70 on Party and cashing in my first ever shot at a Rush tourney on Full Tilt.I came 4th for $152 ( $11 entry) but was annoyed at myself for my donkish exit.The four remaining stacks were about even and the guy acting before me had shoved ( as he should) a decent number of times on my big blind.I felt he was shoving a very wide range of hands and called one of his pushes with Q8s.He had A4 and made quads fours by the river.I would only have been a 56/44 fav against a totally random hand and although the blinds were huge,it was a pretty awful call.

Ok,thanks for reading.Back soon...

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, 26 May, 2010, Blogger dD said...

i can beat that .... my QQ v A8 .... when the third 8 appeared on the river, i thought "no way, you can't.." . golly gosh, doesn't stars like to surprise you, pfffft

 
At Wednesday, 26 May, 2010, Blogger dD said...

did i mention there was a Q on the flop ? and thats when the ca$h went in ?
oh how could i forget that wee fact, pfffft

 
At Wednesday, 26 May, 2010, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Time for Nursey to up your meds mate! Would a third eight not mean your set of Queens are still ahead of his trip 8's? I'm guessing you made a set on the flop and he hit runner 8's for quads...which is nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document