Friday, June 11, 2010

Bashing Donks

Despite my last post about taking chances, I have stepped down and played some $11 sngs on Party.I may end up cashing out on Stars and moving some $ to Party to allow me to play the $22's again without fear of busting.I've had to make a few adjustments as the play at the $11 level is truly awful.For example when continuation betting with a hand like AK on a flop like Q 8 3 ,I'll bet 2/3 to 3/4 of the pot to try and take it down to try and avoid donks calling all the way to the river with hands like 44.Bets are more of a blunt instrument at the $11's and you have to bash the donks over the head with those bets to get them to do what you want.

Away from the poker I'm glad the World Cup is finally underway.I'm proud to be Scottish + British and as I have half Scottish/half English cousins and plenty of English friends I'll obviously be cheering on...the USA and hoping Rangers Mo Edu has a good World Cup.Oh and I'll also be rooting for Honduras and France as I drew them in Amatay's rigged sweep on Raise the River!

Joking aside,what really pissed me off today was passing a "celtic" pub on the way to work ( a dirty republican slophouse) and noticing they have the flags of all the World Cup's competing nations hanging outside, except the flag of Englands St George.They've even been pathetic enough to cut the Union flag from the corners of the Aussie and New Zealand flags.Football rivalry is great, but that kind of petty behaviour truly makes me wonder about the mentality of some people.

Ok,thanks for reading.Back soon...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, 11 June, 2010, Blogger BurnleyMik said...

I have to agree with you mate. hand on heart if England were not in the WC this year and Scotland were then I'd be rooting for Scotland to do well. Same with NI etc.

I just don;t get the bitterness.

 
At Saturday, 12 June, 2010, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Yep agreed BM.Now where's my Star Spangled Banner ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document