Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sh*t in your tea



I enjoyed watching the opening game of the World Cup.It was just a shame the Uruguay v France game that followed later was so poor.Of course today is the big game... and hopefully Messi and Tevez will be on form for the Argies v the Super Eagles!Apparently there's also a wee game on later too..

Since I cashed out and left my Party roll on life support I have felt more motivated to play and I managed to get 25 $11 turbos under my belt last night.I was 5-6 tabling and even at the $11 level my roll went from a starting point of $195 to as low as $94 before I managed to overcome some of the sick beats and finish on $237 for the night.My plan is to stick to the $11's until my I have 20 buy-ins for the $22's and if I run badly at the $22's I'll move back down to the $11's if my balance drops below $220.

My initial horrible run of luck last night actually made me smile because I was also replying to an "Is poker Rigged?" thread on a forum, obviously arguing that there is no way that it is.Players were writing about being able to call the next card when they are running badly.Even shoving KJ on the bubble and saying QQ out loud ( Nacho just raised an eyebrow) as the big blind time banked before calling with QQ isn't going to change my mind.People posting 3-4 bad beats in a row to prove it's rigged genuinely made me laugh as they obviously don't play enough poker or have enough experience to know just how sick a game poker can be.( breakeven 1000 game stretches being standard in Sngs etc)

The poll results on the thread so far are as follows: Votes/%

Yes, it's a reaming of the highest order. 70 46.36%
No, it's all fair and square. 32 21.19%
I dunno, maybe,maybe not. 37 24.50%
It's only rigged if you lose, kinda...... 12 7.95%

Taking into account that 90-95% of players lose online and nobody in the world actually admits they're a bad player, I'm not surprised at the result.I even joked about winning $40 from 25 games last night and how it would have been more if my doomswitch hadn't been activated ( with a wink smilie thing the size of an elephant at the end of my post) and that attracted more "doomswitch" stories from the fish.Still,if all these players keep losing and keep blaming the poker sites they probably won't be looking at their own games and will keep donating so it's not all bad!

I'm probably about 2-3 years behind the rest of the planet, ( what's new eh?!) but as I played I watched series 1 of The Fonejacker on cable tv and it was the funniest thing I've seen on the box for a long time.Prank phonecalls to real people.Here are two of my fav clips...






Not much else going on at the moment.I've been back at work on alternate half days for 3 weeks now and although my back hasn't hurt too badly,my side ( where the car hit the post) is sore and it feels like there's a small brick planted in there whenever I try to sleep on it.Hopefully getting out and about more will do it more good overall and it's just going to take a long time to heal properly.

Oh and I'm also less than two weeks from becoming an Uncle for the first time! I've been buying nappies for the arrival of the poop machine and our family now know for sure that it will be born by June 21st at the latest! I've always wanted kids of my own ( not given up entirely on that hope) and having a wee one in the family will be great.

I have still been keeping in touch with Step A ( an ex's 15 yr old I helped bring up for nearly 8 years)and I'm taking her for a Mc'ds on Monday evening.She said she has been knocked back for a hairdressing course at college and I've suggested she chases up the modern apprentice application form she filled out when I took her to one of the local hair salons recently.

Righty,today was defintely a tl;dr ( too long,didn't read) post! Thanks for reading my witterings.I'm taking a blogging break for a couple of weeks.Back in July....

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Saturday, 12 June, 2010, Blogger Wildcat said...

Not too late to get on the Chile WC train, you can get 100/1 on the exchanges, don't miss :D

 
At Thursday, 24 June, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's great you've stayed in touch with Step A, loads of blokes would have just fucked her off when they split up with the mum.

Maybe your doomswitch will be lifted as an act of karma ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document