Monday, January 10, 2011

Badda-Beep, Badda-Boop

After an extended Xmas break that's me back at work today.At least I still have plenty of leave days left to take before the end of March I suppose.On the poker front I'm still playing sets of six sng's on Party and some NL/PLO cash games on Stars.My Party rule is that whenever my roll there is over $440 ( 20 buy-ins at $22) I move back up to the $22's from the $11's.Even the $11's are full of regulars although most of them are still making lots of push/fold errors that can be exploited.I did hit $480 at one point, but a couple of cashless $22's sent me back down to slum it at the $11's.After a decent session last night I've got about $460 and will mix in a couple of $22's in my next set.

I also played a couple of $22 Mtt's on Bwin and lost a flip in one ( QQ V AK and the river brought a King) and got it in with 910 on a 9 10 7 board quite early on in the other.The original raiser showed 77 and that was that.

My new HTC Desire mobile arrived at the weekend and the good news is that I've already managed to play some Rush poker on it! In fact it works beautifully on the 3.7" screen and when I find out how to listen to my two favourite podcasts on it ( 2+2 Pokercast,Heart and Hand-The Rangers podcast) I'll be sorted! Far more importantly I've downloaded an "Air horn" app and one called "Dog Teaser" which is great for keeping Nacho on his toes.

Of course when you get a new mobile number it's wise to let everyone on your old phones contact list know the new number.As I've now learned it's always worth checking the old phone for messages in case some senile old bassa hasn't been paying attention...Hope to catch you later in the week mate!

Hopefully I'll be able to upload a few more pics using my new phone.Here's one of Nacho listening to one of my bad beat stories...




When it comes to watching the latest hot TV series ( usually imported from the US)I lag way behind.I've still not seen "The Wire" despite having the first series on DVD and apart from a few recent shows like "The Inbetweeners" and "Peep Show" I spend too much time playing video games or poker to concentrate on getting into a new tv show.There are also are a load of classic movies I've not seen and I managed to catch up with the rest of the world over the weekend and finally got round to seeing "The Godfather".What a stonkingly fine movie! The plan is to watch Part 2 tomorrow night.

Back soon if I'm not swimming with the fishies..

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, 11 January, 2011, Anonymous Greedy Rosie said...

Why would you have seen The Godfather when there are so many Segull movies to watch eh?

I hope you catch up with The Wire. everybody needs a bit of Omar in their life.

 
At Tuesday, 11 January, 2011, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

I haven't ever seen the godfather either. I only half watched half of it the other day. But was spending more time browsing zombie game online.

If I scattered zombie dust around the table, would it make the opposition more fishy?

 
At Tuesday, 11 January, 2011, Blogger Juice said...

Watch dexter, man men, big bang theory, IT crowd and Spartacus Blood and sand. oh and godfather I and II.

 
At Tuesday, 11 January, 2011, Blogger Juice said...

look at this the old school back together on one post. Its just like the good old days at laddies when i was a happy limit player....

 
At Wednesday, 12 January, 2011, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

I was a consistently profitable limit player until I started the NL rubbish.

I have replicated your senile old bassa link on my blog. If we all do it he'll get to the top of google.

 
At Wednesday, 12 January, 2011, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Brando/Segal.It's hard to choose between them when it comes to acting skill eh Rosie :-)

Zombie dust may help you pick up the dead money Mr E....
Great idea re linking to Dudley.I'm off to play poker tonight with the internets most prominent senile old bassa.( if he remembers).

Juice:Happy limit player? Don't tell me you're not glad you grew a pair and became a NL player!

It's just like the comments on a post written 5 yrs ago right enough Juice only Rosie wasn't greedy and Mr Edge hasn't added a link to some crappy poker calculator software! We should all get together and play a sng sometime.

 
At Wednesday, 12 January, 2011, Anonymous Greedy Rosie said...

I've always been Greedy, you know that ;0)

 
At Friday, 14 January, 2011, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I think a simple "lol" is the best reply to that Rosie :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document