Friday, December 03, 2010

Gimme Fried Chicken...

I watched Barcelona destroy Real Madrid 5-0 on Monday night and can honestly say it was the best display by a club side I've ever witnessed.Their one touch pass and move style made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up at times and it was truly a joy to behold such a footballing masterclass.Staying on the football I was sorry to see England lose out on their bid to host the World Cup, but spare me the crap about the English Premier League being the best in the world.The richest and the most over hyped maybe, but the worlds best players play in Spain's La Liga.

I can clearly see which league is the best because happily I had it confirmed today that I still have 20/20 pilot vision after an eye test at lunchtime.It seems the wee wispy floaters I can see at times out of my right eye are just a sign of age and not a detached retina or something worse.

To the poker and due to the time difference I was unable to defend my Very Josie tourney title this month but I will be dropping Josie a line soon in order to claim the much coveted winners t-shirt.I've not played any sng's since my last post but I have messed around playing some more Rush $25nl hands on Full Tilt.Two hands in particular stuck in my mind.On the first hand I held QQ and raised preflop,getting one caller.The flop was a rainbow J 7 7 and I led on the flop and a blank turn with my opponent check/calling all the way.A Queen fell on the river,the rest of the money went in and I was surprised to see him turn over JJ for the flopped full house.Wow I hit a two outer on the river.Damn I run good!
Only a few hands later I raise with 1010,get one caller and all the money goes in on a Q 10 8 flop with two clubs.Yep he had QQ and my heater was over!

Not much else going on apart from not being able to get into work on Wednesday due to the snow and -10c temperatures.All SPL games this weekend have already been cancelled so it's another weekend of Black Ops and poker.It's a hard life...

Quick edit to add the post title is taken from the end of Queen's "One Vision" and not a reference to KFC's!

4 Comments:

At Saturday, 04 December, 2010, Blogger Wildcat said...

No work due to being snowed in, loads of extra time for poker, my sympathies, no idea how you'd cope :D

 
At Sunday, 05 December, 2010, Blogger Nick said...

Oh!!
Quite fancied some fried chicken.. :o)

 
At Monday, 06 December, 2010, Blogger dD said...

thank fk you explained the title, lol. dont ya jus love the snow :)
Regards
dD

 
At Tuesday, 07 December, 2010, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Sadly Wilcat I now have the rest of the week off to play poker and Black Ops!

Nick: Well as long it's only happy chickens you're eating and none of that KFC shite!!

Dudley: Yeah it's great.Doubt I'll ever walk inbetween the traffic at rush on the Whirlies ever again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document