Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Where to stick your phone...

Thanks to the folks who commented on my last post.I never use the chat box at the tables, but I did echo Pud's comment and wrote "wow" after that AA v KK hand.Rubbish asked about the chat afterwards and most of it was players moaning that the whole table would have won a fortune if it had happened at a cash table with a bad beat jackpot.

I've only played six sng's since my last post and even winning $94 at the $11's hasn't really reignited my passion for the game.The clocks did go back at the weekend though and as I'm off work tomorrow and there's temporarily only a 4 hour time difference between GMT and EST ,I may try and have a go at Very Josie's tourney on Full Tilt.Double stacks and slow blinds may yet put me off ( due to the potential late finishing time)however gambling it up early and trying to knock out Waffles by spite calling with rags may be too tempting to avoid.It's funny how I have a terrible memory, but can still recall shoving with A6 against the Waffle Meister and losing when he called with 94h and flopped a flush in the later stages of Kat's Friday donkament game a few years ago.Bitter? Of course!

Not much else going on really.It's exactly a year to the day since my near fatal car accident so I suppose not having much going on can also be a good thing! I still have some pain in my back and side and although I'm still hopeful of completely healing, I've kind of resigned myself to knowing that there won't be a day goes by without my mind wandering back to that horrible night.I drove to the Docs on Monday night and it was another very wet,windy dark night and I was probably the slowest car on the motorway!

On a happier note it's only a week until Call of Duty:Black Ops is out and I'm really looking forward to it, although hopefully it won't stop me putting in some decent volume at the poker tables this year! I say this year as Oct 31st is the anniversary of the start of my real money poker play.I was quite happy to use play money on Pokerroom until they withdrew those tables for Halloween and offered a decent deposit bonus to get started with scary real money! I've played so little poker this year I haven't even bothered with monthly bankroll updates.Perhaps I'll start them again this month and try and motivate myself to get properly back into the game again.

Anyway I'm off out to my sisters to help her bath my wee nephew and then heading over to my folks place for dinner.Thanks for reading and if you've ever been messed around or kept on hold when calling a big company then the song below is for you.I used to have a tape of Kevin "Bloody" Wilson songs a long time ago and like all his stuff it's definitely not safe for work....


NSFW

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, 03 November, 2010, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Apparently your history with Ace-Rag does not favor this matchup! heh.

 
At Wednesday, 03 November, 2010, Blogger Josie said...

Oh Play!!!!! Pretty please - and if you take Waffles out - I get drinks!

 
At Thursday, 04 November, 2010, Blogger Josie said...

Congrats on winning The Very Josie!

 
At Thursday, 04 November, 2010, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Josie.I really enjoyed the game and the chat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document