Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bring on the 4 Card Bingo...



VeryJosie asked about "The Rangers" in a comment on my last post and I thought it would be easier to provide a wiki link to info on the club and repost a youtube clip from January's Old Firm game to show just how noisy and passionate our fans are.Quite scary to think it's over 30 years since I attended my first game and I've had my season ticket for about 15 years.( ever since I stopped working Saturdays)



International jet setting blogger Yorkie Pud asked if there was any particular reason I've logged very little poker volume this year and I reckon that being hooked on the Call of Duty ( Modern Warfare 2) game has been the main reason! Being off work for so long and generally having no life has meant I've now logged over 36 days worth of online playing time since it was released last Dec.On Sunday I even looked up Stars MTT schedule and planned on registering in 5-6 games from 7pm.I ended up teaming up with the s-man and playing MW2 instead.( KD now 1.34!)

I've always been a bit that way I suppose.With music I find myself getting into a singer/band and listening to their stuff non-stop for a few months,reading up on them etc and then the obsession fades and I move on to something else.It does take a lot for me to change though as I'm a definite creature of routine and habit and trying new stuff doesn't come easily.I thought The Inbetweeners was probably a crap sketch show until I watched the first two series a couple of weeks back and now I wouldn't miss it.Being a huge South Park fan meant I've never watched a whole episode of The Simpsons and it was only the s-man that got me into the excellent Family Guy after much persuasion.( not that there's any rule that says you can only like one cartoon!)

I've played thousands of sng's over the last few years ( aprox 300-400 per month until this year)and used to shake my head when reading other blog posts about folks bad beats over 4-5 games.Playing 25-50 games per night helps even out the extreme variance in poker, but these days I find if I crash out of four games in a row to lost flips and suckouts then I just can't be bothered with that shitty feeling and I'd rather go and do something else.As I mentioned before I also find the first 4 levels of sit and go games to be boring fold fests and at the moment I'm fortunate enough to not need the money enough to just grit my teeth and play if I'm not enjoying it or making much money.

I have been playing some PLO cash games on Stars although only at 10c-25c blinds.I actually like the fact that I've not read much strategy and don't know the bones of the game as I have to really think hard to estimate ranges and to have some sort of idea of where I am in a hand.Being up a few buy-ins helps and my roll now stands at $865 on Stars and a measly $134 on Party.

Life isn't too bad at the moment.I had a great time taking my wee nephew out for a walk in his pram ( instant clunge magnet obv!) last Thursday,I'm off to the Scotland v Spain game tonight with The Big Chap and I finally caught up with Step A again and we're going for a Mcd's tomorrow night.I'm also still on alternate full days and have 35 days of annual leave to take before the end of March.

I haven't met the girl I was texting yet for our cinema date.In truth ( yeah call me superficial if you like) she sent a photo through and between that and the tone of a few of her texts I didn't make texting her back a priority! Once I'm back working fulltime I'll try and get my arse in gear and do some more dating.

Ok,thanks for reading.Back soon...

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, 12 October, 2010, Blogger Josie said...

WOW - I love sports and have never attended a football game of this kind. Now I want to.

Oh and beware if the picture of the girl wasn't that great...I betcha it was great compared to her in real life. :P

 
At Wednesday, 13 October, 2010, Anonymous Benny said...

Thanks for posting the vid. I've been a Rangers season ticket holder all my life (although i don't get to go very aften anymore), and absolutely live for momenst like that. Poker doesnt even come close...

 
At Sunday, 17 October, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That link is class, more of that next weekend please! Boys should be coming home next week so no more "down the pub" for me in a while, but I did celebrate last night with a nice dinner with the missus and then a few wee numbers :) It might make Jack a dull boy during the week, but the weekend's ok, and my lungs definately ain't Iron now. Cheers Connecticut Cod

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document