Thursday, September 02, 2010

Critical Errors

I didn't hit the tables for long last Friday night. I was three tabling when a message popped up telling me windows had encountered a critical error and would be closing in one minute.As the hinges have been just about hanging off my laptop for a while now and it's also riddled with the "security centre" virus ( caught from watching football on an Iraqi website) I've bitten the bullet and ordered a new one.It will also now only connect to the net via a dongle and even then it's liable to shutdown at any time.This has meant I've only played a few cash table hands as I don't want to risk the damn thing randomly shutting down during a set of sit and go games.

I suppose it's typical of my luck that after months of not playing much at all,I've recently been stepping things up and getting back to putting in some decent hobby volume.( for me decent volume would be getting back to the days of playing 300-400 sngs per mth) In the past I would probably have thought that with being on a mini downswing at Party recently, a break would have been welcome, but the new volume driven me realises that the only way to beat variance and make $$ is to play more.( at least on the nights I'm not trying to improve on my 1.30 Modern Warfare k/d!)

Hmmm thought I was being smart avoiding the tv licence guy at the door earlier and I missed the delivery of my new laptop.Grrrr!

Back soon...

3 Comments:

At Monday, 06 September, 2010, Blogger dD said...

missed delivery .... thats quite funny, you fcuking wally !!

 
At Thursday, 09 September, 2010, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Ha,cheers Dudley.Was well pissed off at the time!

 
At Sunday, 12 September, 2010, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Scary stuff. My laptop has tape all over it because i threw it and screen is a bit funny. But viruses should not break it.

The free Microsoft Security Essentials might clean it up.

And CCLeaner removes unneeded files for you.

Good luck!

DF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document