Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Wednesday Wibbles

Ahh this time last year I was looking to take a 6 month sabbatical from work for two main reasons.Number one was that I was absolutely hating my job and could afford to live on a reduced salary for a while and number two was to give the poker more of a go and see if accepting a years salary and leaving my current job to grind sng's was a possibility.Of course in Nov last year I managed to nearly kill myself in a car crash which resulted in just over 6 months off work on full pay and although I was in a lot of pain, I ended up playing very little poker and haven't really put in much volume since then.

I'm still on alternate full days at work and although proper fulltime hours ( coming soon!) will be more intense, I'm actually not hating my job as much as I used to since I quit smoking da herb most nights.I think it was a vicious circle of being stressed out dealing with my workload and complaints all day and then coming home and smoking until the early hours to escape and hide from it all.This left me feeling zombie tired most days and made the job even tougher.

Hmm maybe I spoke too soon as I've just been allocated a letter of complaint containing 266 pages of woe and seeking over £100k in compensation.Where's my weed?!!

There were a few reasons for cutting right back on my herbal intake.The first was that I felt I really did smoke the urge to get high all the time out of my system during my 6 1/2 mths off sick.My impending 38th birthday and knowing I couldn't go back to work and deal with it as I used to do were other reasons.I suppose nearly killing myself ( and despite my moans about running badly at poker recently I really did hit a one outer walking away from the crash I had) was another and in a strange way one of my best friends telling me he had quit and it hadn't bothered him ( and he was known as Iron lungs back in the day!) awakened the competitive part of my brain which said that if he could do it I could too.

Of course it'll be tougher when I'm back working every day but even now when I'm off the next day and can sleep until noon,I'm still only having a couple of smokes before bed and don't seem to have the desire to spark up just after my dinner.Part of that is probably down to the fact that nicotine is far more addictive than weed will ever be and I do have a cigarrette after eating whereas before it would have been a joint.

Anyways I'm not really sure where this post has come from.I intended to write about Rangers fine win in the Champions League last week,the latest episode of "The Inbetweeners" being superb ( e4 10pm on Mondays),the ESP light being on in my car woes and my plans to take my nephew out on Thursday.I was also going to have a rant about footballers ( celebs too) being described as "brave" or "courageous" when real bravery and courage are traits displayed by our soldiers in hellholes like Afghanistan.This post is long enough so I'll leave it there! Thanks for reading...

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 07 October, 2010, Blogger Josie said...

2 things: These Rangers you speak of...are they a soccer (football)team?

Sorry to hear about your accident, and glad you're on the mend...and keep enjoying some herb once in a while. ;)

 
At Monday, 11 October, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

£100k compo, Jesus, what do you do? Are you in insurance or something?

Any particular reason you've not hardly logged any volume. Obviously getting mangled won't have helped things but I remember you used to put in some decent volume in the SNG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document