Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Happy New Ears

No,the post title is not a mistake.I really do need a new set of ears.I was driving home from work just before the Xmas break when I heard a rattling sound coming from the car.Having just shelled out £568 for a new ABS unit I was dreading discovering some expensive new problem, however when I opened and closed the drivers door a few miles later the rattle thankfully stopped.Arriving home,I was going to take Nacho out and reached into my pocket to sort my Ipod out.Hmmm no headphones.I traced my steps back to the car and there was a piece of severed headset wire lying on the ground.They had obviously been dangling outside the car since I'd stopped for petrol earlier.

I replaced them with a set of similar JVC ones but although they looked like the original Ipod ones,they kept falling out.I splashed out £15 ( well £15 seems like splashing out after already paying £8 for the JVC ones) for a set which are supposed to fit into my ears ( bud headphones) and they keep falling out too.Grrrrr!

On the poker front I watched a bit of the Superstar Showdown on Stars between Tony G and Isildur1.There were a few decent sized pots but after watching Isildurs battles with Durr on Full Tilt in Dec '09 it seemed a bit small beer in comparison.The "On your bike Tony" and "Played it like a set" comments from the rail got a bit boring after a while too.I think the games Isildur plays against qualifiers at $5-$10nl will be more interesting viewing.

I played a few sets of four sng's last night and watched the Chris Morris film "4 Lions" at the same time.I loved his "Brass Eye" series a few years back ( search for "Brass Eye Cake" on youtube if you've not seen it)and this film about 4 thick would be suicide bombers was genuinely laugh out loud funny at times. It was also quite clever too as the main characters were easy to like and near the end I caught myself hoping they wouldn't get arrested and then realising the consequences if they didn't.

Ok,thanks for reading.Back soon...

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, 04 January, 2011, Blogger Josie said...

Hard for me to get ear buds to fit too. They all seem to be too big. Finally found a perfect pair and burned them with my hair straightener (while ipod was charging nearby). Go figure.

 
At Tuesday, 04 January, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's just the sad fact that as you grow older, yer ears get bigger (as well as starting to sprout large quantities of hair - wtf?).

Being as advanced in years as ye are, i'm surprised anything fits...

randy_cabbage

 
At Wednesday, 05 January, 2011, Blogger Juice said...

the bit with the wookie is genius!

 
At Wednesday, 05 January, 2011, Blogger BurnleyMik said...

ATB for the New Year mate and good luck finding some comfortable fitting New Ears too!

:o)

BM

 
At Monday, 10 January, 2011, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Our brains must be too big Josie!

Cabbage:Thankfully some of us don't look old as you mate!

Juice:Ahh yeah,is it a bear though?!

Cheers BM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document