Saturday, January 22, 2011

Speaking Americano

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! The WBCOOP is a free online Poker tournament open to all Bloggers, so register on WBCOOP to play.

Registration code: XXXXXX 549586





I went to bed happy but annoyed at myself for feeling that way after a planned night of poker playing turned into just one set of four sng's and some Rush poker on Full Tilt.I did take a 1st and a 2nd from the four sng's, but it's about volume and I'll need to ramp it up if I want to make a decent profit this month.( or hope my short-term run good continues)

Here's a wee hand from the $25 nl Rush game.I had a bad feeling when the money went in but didn't realise I was drawing quite so thin!



Away from the poker I was quite pleased with myself for staying smoke free between Tuesday night and Friday morning.( still using the nicotine gum though) It's quite scary to think that's the longest break my lungs have had since I was about 17! I do intend enjoying some fine herbs tonight whilst watching "The Big Lebowski" which I picked up for a couple of quid the other day.

I was less pleased with my new mobile phone this week after spending most of Tuesday night trying to get a speech to text app to work.( google voice actions)The smug wee smart arse in the demo video made it look so easy but apparently there is some issue with it working properly with the HTC Desire.Not that I have a strong accent but I even faked an American one to see if that was the problem!Hmm I can tell y'all I ended up feeling like a right tit and giving up as all my phone wanted to do was search the web.

Plans for the coming week? Well the girl downstairs is coming up tomorrow to clean the flat,I'm hoping to finally catch up with Step A on Tuesday evening,it's the dentists for a couple of fillings on Wednesday before watching Rangers play Hibs later that night.I've also got plans for a hot date later in the week at some point, although knowing my luck the only hot part will be the coffee/tea! The girl I mentioned I liked in a recent post still has a boyfriend as far as I know so I think it's time to forget that and make more of an effort in other directions.

I'm off to roll one up in a minute.Hopefully it'll brighten my mood after I watched Rangers get beaten 1-0 by Hearts in a game we should have won by halftime.On the subject of football I read an interesting football fact today.There are currently more English Premier League managers from my hometown of Glasgow - Alex McLeish, Sir Alex Ferguson, David Moyes, Owen Coyle, Kenny Dalglish and Steve Kean - than from England - Ian Holloway, Alan Pardew, Steve Bruce and Harry Redknapp.

Righty,thanks for reading.Back soon...

1 Comments:

At Sunday, 23 January, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hy, thank you for adding us to your blog list. Bye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document