Friday, January 28, 2011

You Can't Always Get What You Want....

Not much poker to report on this week as I've not had much time to hit the virtual felt.I met up with Step A on Tuesday evening for a Mc'ds and spent most of the time trying to talk sense into her without sounding like a lecturing old man! I didn't mention that I like a smoke myself but nearly gave it away when she said skins were made in Bristol and I said I didn't know that's where the Rizzla factory was located.Errrr she meant the tv show..

I was also arranging my date for last night and Step A was laughing so hard at my slow texting ( prodding the keypad on my phone with my index finger) that I ended up dictating my text and the wee one typed it.She's also got an Android phone and I've now downloaded the free virtual Zippo lighter app which is so cool the flame even flickers when I blow on it!

I was off work on Wednesday when the S-man contacted me with the tragic news that his Playstation had suffered from the yellow light of death.I'm no expert but I reckon his machine was just politely letting him know that he's been wasting his time trying to get as good at Call of Duty games as the mighty GusterBonad!( one of my PS3 names) Still,I was pleased to see he's struck a deal with his Mrs and will be back online soon.

After at least six months since my last date I've finally made a bit more of an effort over the last couple of weeks.As the classic Stones song goes "You can't always get what you want,but sometimes you get what you need" and after months of fancying a local girl and not doing anything about it ( I'm pretty sure she still has a boyfriend and my flirting/reading the signs skills are rusty as hell anyway) I met a hot chick for a few drinks last night.I was a lot more relaxed and laidback than I've been on previous dates and we seemed to hit it off quite well.She sent me a text saying she enjoyed my company and we're texting each other again over the weekend to arrange a second date.

I've no other plans for the weekend other than going to the league cup semi-final on Sunday with my cousin Two Pies.I was quite pleased with myself for not smoking anything at all again this week between Tuesday night and this morning.( had a cig on the way to work after giving my neighbour a lift into town).Two Pies was over on Wed night for the Gers game and although occasions like that give me an easy excuse to spark up,I stuck to the nicotine gum and felt all the better for it the next day.

Ok,thanks for reading and good luck to Andy Murray in his Aussie open semi-final.I know he's not everyones cup of tea but I like him and hopefully he can make the final and win his first Grand Slam event.C'mon Andy!

Back soon...

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Friday, 28 January, 2011, Blogger Josie said...

Nice going with the date dude! Now when u say u aren't smoking, do you mean u aren't smoking ANYTHING or u aren't smoking ciggys?

Big diff IMHO.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document