Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hypers and Hotkeys

I played nearly 160,6 max $7 hyper turbo sng's over the weekend and still feel like I was in lazy mode as I was only four tabling most of the time and took regular breaks to roll up/watch football.Thanks to reading James Atkins blog I discovered that Pokerstars now has programmable hotkeys and they're quite easy to set up.

The only problem I have is that the hotkeys don't work when I have Pokertracker running.They are only in beta mode so hopefully the compatibility problem is one that will be resolved as life at the virtual felt is a lot easier when I just have to hit one button to fold and one to shove all in.

The main edge for any winning sng player comes around the payout bubble and I like the fact that the 6 max format means more bubble play than standard 9 player games.The players at the $7 level are generally terrible and are quite easy to run over at that stage of the game too. I think the edge gained there helps balance out the edge lost by the blinds increasing so fast and only having 500 starting chips.

I mentioned only playing four tables due to laziness and other distractions, however there is one other major reason for not playing at least six tables and for taking small breaks inbetween each set of games and that's tilt control.I'm fairly untiltable when it comes to normal turbo sngs, but I did notice when continuously playing six games that a few bad sets can cause me to start making bad pushes/calls.I'm still fairly new to hyper turbos and maybe I just need to get used to even faster swings than I see in my usual turbo games.

Tilt control and the ridiculous leap in buy in from $7 to $30 at the hyper turbos are the main reasons I've not been tempted to move up.Some $15 hypers would be nice Pokerstars!

Back soon...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, 28 October, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello hotkeys .... goodbye tableNinja ....
regards
dD

 
At Monday, 14 November, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya, I just stumbled upon your blog after thinking about becoming more serious about HyperTurbos. For now it was only something I did parallely to my MTTs, but I think about putting a focus on the Hypers. Drop me a line, if you wanna hook up with a fellow "Hyperer" ;). Cheers, Alex

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document