Monday, September 19, 2011

Followed His Nose

I'm still getting my voice back today after yesterdays fine 4-2 victory for Rangers over the darkside at Ibrox.See below for the a taste of the atmosphere at Ibrox before a big game...




After the game Two Pies and I popped over to see my folks as my Mum was going in for a hip replacement op today and I wanted to make sure I was in her will in case it all went wrong....I can joke about that now as I've had a call from my Dad today to say it went well and I'm looking forward to seeing her at visiting time later.

Two Pies ( my younger cousin) came back to my place and after watching the Man Utd v Chelsea game we watched the whole Old Firm game again and after a fine takeaway curry I hit the tables.

I was lucky I still had an online bankroll to play with on Stars after some shenanigans on Sat night.The 6 max hyper turbos I've been playing are only $7 games and as I reckon they're much less of a gambling crapshoot then the full ring version I thought I'd take a look at the next level up.For some reason they jump from $7 straight to $30 and I decided ( being a bankroll nit) that was a bit steep for now.

Anyway I rolled up a last smoke for the night and decided to fire up a few more $7's before bed.I had four tables open and was about to open a fifth when I noticed I was apparently registering for a $30 game.A quick check confirmed my four existing tables were all $30.Now $30 games aren't a big jump from the $15's I usually play on Stars or the $22's I play on Party, but it was more the thought that only a bit earlier I'd been watching some high stakes $1k hyper heads up games after playing some $1.50 and $3.50 ones myself.One false move and I could have been just about heads up for rollz without even realising it! As it was I took down one of the $30 games and cashed in another.

I don't want to curse myself but this month is going quite well at the virtual felt so far.I even made an extra $50 from Stars for coming 11th on a low orbit leaderboard thing I'd forgotten even existed.Due to the lack of traffic I rarely play on Party anymore but managed two wins from four games for a nice wee profit there too.

Back to Two Pies coming back to my place yesterday.He usually takes Nacho out at lunchtimes when I'm working ( I'm still on annual leave for another week) and volunteered to take him out a walk about 8.30 last night.After about 20 mins ( it takes about 10 mins to walk round the block) he still wasn't back and although my area is generally quiet, it was the night after an Old Firm game and I gave him call on his mobile to check he hadn't got into any trouble.He had managed to get lost despite living just a five minute walk away from my place.How did he manage this? "Well I just let Nacho follow his nose and went that way". They both arrived back nearly an hour later. Nice lad my cousin, though he won't be troubling the folks at Mensa anytime soon!

Ahh Glasgow women.Had a quick look at a dating site last night and one girl wrote in the hobbies/interests section, "Getting pissed and having a boxing match".I wouldn't fancy taking a broken pay packet home to her!

I don't usually bother listening to the football phone-ins as they generally attract muppet callers who have no idea about the game.I always make an exception after we pump them in an Old Firm game and I'm off to tune in and enjoy their hurt and the modest unassuming calls from my fellow bluenoses! What goes around tends to come around in football so I'm going to enjoy the moment!

Thanks for reading.Back soon...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, 20 September, 2011, Blogger dD said...

vid is gone due to a copyright claim by Scottish League ... wtf ?? wankers !!

God Save The Queen

:)

 
At Tuesday, 20 September, 2011, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers Dudley.Replaced it with a new highlights vid!

Good to see you posting again too mate.

Follow Follow!

 
At Thursday, 22 September, 2011, Blogger lightning36 said...

Had to do a double take when I saw the info at the top of the video since, in North America, the Rangers are a professional ice hockey team and the Celtics are a professional basketball team.

 
At Monday, 26 September, 2011, Blogger Littleacornman said...

There is a North American Rangers Supporters Assocation that has a large membership in your neck of the woods Lightning.

Two of our American international players also scored at the weekend too.USA USA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document