Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Monthly Stats

Party $492 ( + $56)
Pokerstars $2375 ( + $368) Profit for August $424

Total Bankroll $2867

After a crap month stats wise in July it was nice to run a bit better in August and get back to being profitable,especially as I'm only playing at weekends.As ever with poker it's all about the long term and not short term swings and there's no point in focusing on a good August,bad July, or the fact I've only made a small profit over two full months of play.As I've mentioned before, playing heads up hyper turbo's has definitely improved my 9 player sng results as more 1st places make a real difference to my profits.It's only over a relatively small sample size, but I do feel more comfortable playing more poker when heads up instead of just blasting all in as often as before.

Away from the poker I had a second date at the cinema last night with the girl from last week.The Inbetweeners started at 7.50pm and after grabbing a coke and having a wee chat in the lobby we headed in at 8pm to see the film.It had already started and another couple of latecomers arrived too and sat in front of us.The film is the characters from the superb tv series going on their first holiday abroad and as the lads were moaning about how bad their hotel was it was obvious we hadn't missed too much.Even when the titles began after only half an hour I assumed that as it was a comedy film this was some type of jokey gimmick and the rest of the film would start again shortly.When the lights came on it slowly dawned on us that we had gone into the wrong screening and we sheepishly made our way to another screen next door where we missed the first 25 minutes,caught up with the middle part of the movie and watched the last half hour for the second time!

The date seemed to go quite well, although she is off to New Zealand next Wednesday for 7 weeks to follow the Scotland rugby team in the upcoming World Cup so I'm not sure it'll go anywhere.She did text me to say she enjoyed the night and will let me know if she can squeeze in another date before she goes.I promised that if she did have time for a meal out before she left we wouldn't start with desert,move on to another restaurant for the main course and miss the starter altogether...







Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Friday, 02 September, 2011, Blogger lightning36 said...

"I promised that if she did have time for a meal out before she left we wouldn't start with desert,move on to another restaurant for the main course and miss the starter altogether..."

Nice -- now you'll always have something to laugh about if the relationship goes anywhere. Squeeze in the dinner if you can.

 
At Friday, 02 September, 2011, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I've said I'd be free most evenings if she can find the time but I can understand things being a bit busy with her planning her 7 week break.

 
At Friday, 02 September, 2011, Blogger Juice said...

Clunge tastic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document