Thursday, October 06, 2011

Finger Tards and 10 foot Willies

Such is the nature of poker that if I'd stopped play after just a few games last Friday night I'd have been about $80 up on my end of Sept bankroll total on Stars.It's all one big long session though and finishing down $140 after a crappy run over the rest of last weekend isn't really relevant in the grand scheme of things.Reading about Abarone68 ( one of the best sng players around) and a $2k downswing at the 180 player turbo's has put me off those games for just now.I think I'll stick to the 18 player turbos this weekend.

Away from the poker I see my favourite danger shag,Foxy Knoxy,was released on appeal this week.I've not followed the case closely enough to have an opinion on her guilt or innocence, although it did annoy me that her sister didn't even mention the victims family once in her speech to the media after the appeal verdict.

I did find it mildly amusing that the Daily Mail and Sky News both jumped the gun and announced Knox had been found guilty again ( the first announcement made in court was that she was guilty of a slander charge)and that the Daily Mail was caught not just making a basic mistake about the murder charge verdict but actually making up quotes from the prosecutor to fit the guilty story they ran for a few minutes until it was pulled from their website.( see mailwatch for more).

I took Step A out for a pub meal again last night and it was good to catch up with her.She's bored,skint and frustrated at not being able to get a job and although I'm slightly glad she's not out drinking every night, I know from my own experience of being off work for six months after my accident in '09 that sitting in the house playing console games all day may sound like fun, but it's actually a pretty depressing way to live.I also spent most of '91 on a couch in a bedsit with no job and seemingly few prospects so I know a bit about how it feels.Watching coverage of the first Gulf War and going to the local shops in my pj's soon got boring!

She did manage to cheer herself up by having a go at me and calling me a retard.I'm sure you,cool kid reader,casually hold your mobile in the palm of your hand and can type 10,000 words per min on your Smart/I phone with your thumb when texting.Apparently only retards like me use their index finger to type out messages that take several hours to compose!

Thanks to the Poker News Team and the GirlNextDoor for commenting on my last post.I was very upset to discover via google that the Little Flo poem was in fact a Derek and Clive effort from years ago and wasn't in fact made up on the spot by the friend I was on holiday with when I was 13!

Here's another one from my younger years that stuck in my head and still makes me smile.( and no I haven't and refuse to google it to check its origin)

Old King Billy had a ten foot willy and he showed it to the neighbour next door,
She thought it was a snake and hit it with a rake
And now it's only five foot four...

Thanks for reading.Back soon...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Friday, 07 October, 2011, Blogger Josie said...

LOL Love the title of the post!

OMG You text with your index finger???? Come on! Thumbs are where it's at.

 
At Sunday, 09 October, 2011, Blogger lightning36 said...

I think Amanda Knox got railroaded just because she had sex with a bunch of guys and because the prosecuter is psycho. I imagine that her sister didn't mention the victim's family because the family bought into Knox's guilt.

I've got to admit -- the index finger texting does sound kind of strange.

 
At Monday, 10 October, 2011, Blogger Wolfshead said...

Hell, even an old fart gimp like me knows you text with your thumbs even when they take hours to compose.

Light, yuo're just a sucker for a pretty face

 
At Tuesday, 11 October, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omfg use yer thumb, retard !
oh and question answered, I think
lol, seriously, lol at the auld poems :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document