Wednesday, December 07, 2011

While Stocks Last....

I've been off work sick this week and I doubt I'll be going in tomorrow or Friday either.There's not too much wrong with me,( some would debate that)however I needed a week off or my head was going to explode.

First of all I had an email from my manager stating I was getting coaching ( which can lead to performance plans and eventually the sack) as my stats were well under the site average.When I pointed out they had my stats wrong and I was only .35 short of target I recieved an apology for any upset caused which I accepted with good grace.A couple of days later they tell me I'm getting coaching anyway as I'm still below the average,even if only by a tiny fraction.

I also waited all last week for the big boss to come and speak to me about what he is going to do about the guy telling lies about my internet use and nothing happened there.

Enough bitching about work! The girl who asked me to go to the school reunion this Sat has sent me a text to say she can't go as she is too skint.She said she could still send me the details, but Sat night is also when the two best football teams in the world clash in El Clasico and it's live on Sky Sports.Both Barcelona and Real Madrid are in good form at the moment and I reckon I'll invite Two Pies round for the occasion.

On the poker front I had a go at some $30 6 max hypers last weekend and after a poor wee run I've gone back to the $7's and won back most of the buy-ins I lost.

I'm still getting a lot more out of Jared Tendlers book than I ever thought was possible.I did see a forum comment which said it was great value at £17.99 for the kindle version. ( the one I have)Although it's more than paid for itself already in terms of improving my mental game, and compared to other poker books it's an absolute bargain,I still can't get my head round £17.99 being great value for any ebook as it's essentially still just a very long email!

I did watch a documentary on Facebook and it must be even more of a licence to print money than e-books.Some bozo playing a virtual pet game actually paid $1 for a fancy duck turd picture which he proudly displayed in a presentational box on his game page.Please take up poker Sir.You could have such fun...

Anyway I've tried pressing a few buttons on my keyboard and as the "virtual dog walk in the freezing cold and snow" button doesn't seem to be working I'd better take Nacho out for real.I'll be taking my pooper scooper with me though and if any virtual pet game fans would like a real piece of turd to stick to their laptop screen I'm undercutting Facebook and going with a 50 cent opening offer while stocks last...

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At Wednesday, 07 December, 2011, Blogger Josie said...

"...but Sat night is also when the two best football teams in the world clash"

I didn't know the New England Patriots were playing on Saturday night! :)

Go take your coaching and get past all this shiat.

 
At Wednesday, 07 December, 2011, Anonymous Rosie said...

Jeez, coaching. To get you fractionally above the site average where they will then presumably leave you alone?

I think I would have had a Falling Down moment by now if I was still working in an office. Good luck!

 
At Thursday, 08 December, 2011, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Real football Josie, not this big men in padded outfits running into each other nonsense!

Rosie: Yep if I get over the site average I come off the coaching plan and keep my job.How wonderful eh!

 
At Friday, 09 December, 2011, Blogger Juice said...

Will be interesting to see how madrid do. Mourinho has got them pretty well drilled this season and they just got maximum points in their CL group stage.

 
At Friday, 09 December, 2011, Blogger Juice said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Friday, 09 December, 2011, Blogger Juice said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Friday, 09 December, 2011, Blogger Juice said...

P.s An angry rosie on a gun totting rampage, killing innocent orientals doesnt bear thinking about! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2YRMixW9u8

 
At Saturday, 10 December, 2011, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Should be an excellent game.Madrid look far better than at the same stage last season.I don't think it'll be another 5-0 Barca win.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document