Monday, March 05, 2012

Tick Tock Tick Tock...

Thanks to Dudleys run good text messages I had a decent weekend at the felt, winning about $400 over the course of 51 Mtt's.Results wise the highlights were a 4th place from 630 runners in a $9 turbo which paid $613 and 7th from 1245 players in a $25 hyper game last night for $508.

Whereas the hyper sngs are mainly a mindless button mashing grind I'm still finding I have to switch off the tv and focus when 6-8 tabling Mtt's.I think I'm beginning to get addicted to the buzz of going deep and making final tables.( even if I am yet to bink anything outside a 180 turbo) Part of the reason I've always shunned Mtt's in the past is the time they take to play but with turbo and hyper turbo's being so popular these days that isn't so much of an issue.

I had hit the tables on Saturday night after being at Ibrox to see Rangers lose 2-1 to Hearts and all the talk amongst the near 50,000 crowd was of the teams future and the hope we can avoid going out of business altogether.It just seems to be one bad news story after another coming out in the media at the moment.

Times may be tough but having the Rangers FC badge as my avatar on Pokerstars led to my favourite poker moment of the year/century so far.There I was happily minding my own business when some celtc supporter at my 6 max $15 hyper table started spouting off in the chat box about how he would be partying when Rangers close down.I was playing about 6 tables and didn't have the time or inclination to chat back but I did get my moment a short time later when he shoved all in and I looked down to QQ.


Now slowrolling is not big and it's not funny but all of a sudden I seemed to forget how to click on the call button.Tick tock went the time until my powers of recall magically returned with just one second of my time bank left.My hand held up v his A2 and he started going tonto in the chat box,calling me every name and wishing my family had died in the Ibrox disaster.Sick comments but as I sparked up another and sat with a huge smile on my face I was just delighted I'd managed to get under his no doubt unwashed greasy pock marked skin! Giruy!

Back soon..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document