Monday, December 05, 2005

Congrats to the USA

Who finally broke their duck and beat the ROW team ( well me and Colin ) when SirWaffle outlasted me to take the honours.I busted when as the shortstack I called with QQ and came up against AQ and KK.Good game though and plenty of play for $5.50.Just a shame Sir couldn't go on and win it but there's always next time.Thanks to all who took part.

Already looking forward to the next one in 2 weeks time although the ROW will have to go on a major recruitment drive as we've lost Davee due to work commitments.

Enjoyed the chat too but more so once I realised I hadn't hit the handsfree button and was talking to myself for the first 10 minutes and thinking my US friends were taking the competition very seriously and ignoring me!

Noticed today that Garyc has me down as an honory member of his poker mafioso.Thanks G.As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a gangster...

I was in bed for just after midnight.I nearly didn't make the bloggers tourney as I wasn't feeling too great and my stomach was dodgier than Arsenals defence on Saturday.I put it down to sheer exhaustion.Self inflicted due to to many late nights recently probably.

Completed Ridge Racer on my PSP at last and will probably trade a game or two in to get Burnout legends which looks hot too. Saw Tiger Woods on the Xbox 360 at lunchtime but I really can't justify buying the new console yet.

Here's a couple of funnies to brighten up a cold Monday:

DRIVING in heavy M8 traffic, Stephen Murray, of Glasgow, found himself admiring the legend freshly etched by a finger-tip on a filth-spattered lorry's tailgate: "A dog is for life – not just for Saturday night."


One chilly spring day Maggie Fraser, of Edinburgh, took some American visitors to a cafe on the Royal Mile where one of them ordered a Coke with ice. In due course a glass of Coke minus ice was unceremoniously plonked down by a stocky, unsmiling waitress. Maggie pointed out the absence of ice. Fixing Maggie with a forbidding stare, the waitress snarled something which has puzzled Maggie ever since: "Whether she meant the weather, the drink or her heart, I'll never know – she just insisted 'It's cold enough'."


RESIDENT in Angers in France, emigre Scot Kenny Brown commends this joke to manufacturers of Scotch pies. Kenny alleges that a chap was once enticed into a pub by the sign displayed outside: "A Pie, a Pint and a Friendly Word." He goes in, ordering his Scotch pie and pint. The barman eventually slams the pint on to the bar, likewise clattering down the plate bearing the pie. He is obviously not in an amicable mood. "Where's the friendly word?" asks the customer. Sneers the barman: "Don't eat the pie".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document