Saturday, December 10, 2005

Luck be a pair of ladies

Turned out to be a fine night at the tables.Now got $1649 at Ladbrokes but seem to remember promising Mrs A a £50 bung last night so a wee cashout today may be on the cards.

I'll post one of my comeback hands but not sure why.Its almost as if I have to convince myself I really did win $340 last night.I guess I feel like pinching myself to make sure its all real when I look back at my first blog post in May where I had $471 and was "ready to hit the tables".

Jordan mentioned Hollywood being full of donkeys.Its a skin of Pokerroom and I have to agree with him.Maybe its the WSOP coverage but the tables seemed a lot tighter a few months ago.A full ring game was just 10 tight asses waiting for monsters but even those tables seem to have loosened up a bit.Long may it continue!


One player at 6 max last night called me a rock! I asked why and he said it was because I'd folded 4 small blinds in a row and he thought that was disciplined.Perhaps the fact that the if you added the 4 hands together they still wouldn't add up to more than 10 may have had a factor in it but its not often people comment on my play at the tables.

I mentioned playing with Tan Orpheus at Ladbrokes.He actually asked if I was Littleacornman and when I replied "errr yep" he said he enjoyed my blog.Thanks again Tan.First time I've ever met a reader at the tables and to be honest if felt strange to know I was playing with someone who'd read about all my plays and moves!

I'm not sure if I lost a bit of my usual ruthless attitude in a hand with Tan though.He'd bet into me when I'd made my K high straight and had a straight flush draw too.I would usually call and decide how much to raise the river bet if I felt I was still ahead and in the hand I'm sure I would have been.Instead I raised by about $40 and Tan got the message and folded.Made a similar play V Juice a while back but of course he called and lost ;-). I even showed my hand which goes against the grain for me.I very rarely show unless I'm showing down a bluff to show the table I'm not as rock like as they think!

Had trouble finding your blog Tan.Leave me a note of your web addy and I'll link you up.Hope to catch you at the tables again.


Ok here's one of last nights winners.Shouting "pair the board" after the turn card must have worked but Miami must have been kicking himself for checking on the turn. Oh and yes I would normally reraise with QQ at 6 max but at a loose table ( ave pot was $40) I preferred to let the loosey gooseys bet for me sometimes.

** Game ID 377088058 starting - 2005-12-10 03:11:23
** Adler [Hold 'em] (0.501.00 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- Acornman sitting in seat 2 with $103.15
- MiamiVice sitting in seat 3 with $169.10
- dumbo36 sitting in seat 4 with $139.85
- nirish5 sitting in seat 5 with $571.27
- speakhorse sitting in seat 6 with $167.00 [Dealer]

Acornman posted the small blind - $0.50
MiamiVice posted the big blind - $1.00

** Dealing card to Acornman: Queen of Clubs, Queen of Hearts
dumbo36 folded
nirish5 raised - $6.00
speakhorse folded
Acornman called - $6.00
MiamiVice called - $6.00

** Dealing the flop: 8 of Clubs, Jack of Spades, 6 of Clubs
Acornman checked
MiamiVice checked
nirish5 bet - $23.00
Acornman called - $23.00
MiamiVice called - $23.00

** Dealing the turn: Jack of Clubs
Acornman checked
MiamiVice checked
nirish5 checked

** Dealing the river: Queen of Spades
Acornman went all-in - $74.65
MiamiVice called - $74.65
nirish5 folded
MiamiVice mucks: Ace of Clubs, 10 of Clubs
Acornman wins $234.30 from the main pot

End of game 377088058




Edit: 4am and $300 up after going back to my beloved 6 max crazies! Goodnight!




2am and currently $20 down overall thanks to this donk.Should I have pushed earlier?Grrrr.
Enjoying playing with TanOrpheus at Laddys just now and thankfully I'm sitting at $245 from a $100 buy in at $.50-$1nl full ring.

Kind of apologies for the bad beat but I don't post many.


** Game ID 377048886 starting - 2005-12-10 01:46:00
** Cicero [Hold 'em] (0.501.00 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- burk123 sitting in seat 1 with $213.80 [Dealer]
- The_Bogeyman sitting in seat 2 with $102.58
- Acornman sitting in seat 3 with $98.35
- nirish5 sitting in seat 6 with $194.25

The_Bogeyman posted the small blind - $0.50
Acornman posted the big blind - $1.00

** Dealing card to Acornman: King of Diamonds, King of Spades
nirish5 raised - $2.00
burk123 folded
The_Bogeyman called - $2.00
Acornman raised - $9.00
nirish5 called - $9.00
The_Bogeyman called - $9.00

** Dealing the flop: 4 of Diamonds, 9 of Hearts, 7 of Hearts
The_Bogeyman checked
Acornman bet - $16.00
nirish5 folded
The_Bogeyman called - $16.00

** Dealing the turn: 5 of Clubs
The_Bogeyman checked
Acornman bet - $24.00
The_Bogeyman raised - $48.00
Acornman called - $48.00

** Dealing the river: 10 of Hearts
The_Bogeyman went all-in - $30.08
Acornman went all-in - $26.35
The_Bogeyman shows: 9 of Diamonds, 10 of Spades
The_Bogeyman wins $205.70 from the main pot

3 Comments:

At Sunday, 11 December, 2005, Blogger TanOrpheus said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Sunday, 11 December, 2005, Blogger TanOrpheus said...

Hi Acorn

I agree with that hand against me, you let me off the hook with the big raise. I figured seeing as I'd said I read here you wouldn't be bluffing me in the first hand we played against each other :)

See you on the tables

- Tan - Ornatepush.blogspot.com

 
At Monday, 12 December, 2005, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

You're becoming famous Little Acorn! Well done!

I'm known as little more than J's sidekick.;{

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document