Friday, June 23, 2006

Here comes the weekend

Watched a much improved Brazil beat Japan 4-1 whilst flicking over to the Croatia v Australia game for updates.
Looks like Brazil could finally be finding their samba rhythm as they played much more like the usual Brazil last night.

After the game I logged on to a 6 max cash game ( $25nl) at Inter and was completely card dead for an hour and left $5 down before going against my bankroll preservation ( I’m treating my $50 Inter challenge as a separate roll) and joinng rosie and miasdad at a £25 full ring table.

As anyone who reads this blog knows I’m not a fan of full ring games and started badly,getting involved in too many hands and not hitting anything when I did.I raised to £1.50 with QQ from early postion,called a £5 reraise and folded to a bet on a K high flop.That was just after I had sat down and had no read or clue about the villan and their likely holdings.

My next big hand was when I called a small raise ( from bb I think) with A2 and raised the original bettor when he bet out on an A 2 5 rainbow flop,only to run into his AA.

I tightened up and after topping up my stack twice I felt like I was starting to settle at the table but overall apart from the blogger chat it was a poor night overall and I went to bed $39 down for the night,leaving my Inter challenge balance sitting at a miserly $126.

I’m not sure playing full ring games with fellow bloggers is very ev+ for me but in my constant drive to win more money at this game it’s sometimes nice to remember that it’s just a game and not an extension of my working day. I don’t mean I can’t win money at a full ring whilst chatting.It’s more that the social aspect makes it more tempting to join games ( like full ring £25nl) I wouldn’t normally play which doesn’t do my overall bankroll much good.

Just read in the paper that Dave Colcloughs Cincinnati poker club in Glasgow has been raided by the police and closed down.I’ve never played there before but can’t help feeling that the police should be out catching real criminals instead of wasting mine and other taxpayers money on raids such as this.Still “targets” and “stats” rule all large organisations these days so I suppose the chance for a figures boosting easy hit was too much to pass up.

Edit: checked a thread at blondepoker.com and it's not clear that club has actually been shutdown.


On the subject of the police,I managed to avoid a speeding ticket this morning.I usually detest black hackney taxis as their drivers seem to think driving a taxi means they actually own the road but when a black hack is driving downhill at 5 mph less than the 30mph speed limit you have to suspect the call has gone out that there’s a polis man with a radar gun nearby and in this case my suspicions were confirmed.I enjoyed cruising past at 29mph with a big smile on my face and a shake of the head at the good officers.No they didn’t choose an accident blackspot but the foot of a steep hill where anything but hard braking will see most cars hit well above 30mph.More quick hits to boost their stats.

Ok the weekend awaits.Have a good one…

3 Comments:

At Friday, 23 June, 2006, Blogger Klopzi said...

As much as I like reading what bloggers have to say, I've known for a long time that playing with them is -EV.

I feel bad for not "coming out to play", but I think my bankroll is more important right now than anything else.

Plus, I go on tilt whenever other bloggers crush me at the tables.

 
At Friday, 23 June, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

that henry hatrick is looking very unlikely

 
At Saturday, 24 June, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Yeah I think your right Klopzi.I'm trying to get balance between my "fun" play and the serious stuff at $50nl :-)

At least Henry got one Juice...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document