Friday, November 02, 2007

Monster limp

Step A and I had a fine dinner with my sister and her husband at my Mum and Dads last night, before heading up the road to the ex's where I looked after the wee one ( and Nacho) until the ex arrived home at midnight.

I deleted loads of files from my old laptop and managed to get it to play another fine cardrunners training video.Hopefully I can work out how to get 'em to work on my new laptop tonight.

I did win a quick $16 at a Labrokes $50nl full ring table after I limped with AQ from the cut off and the flop came a beautiful AAQ.There were several of us in the pot and I slow-played it, hoping someone would make a flush or straight.The turn was a Jack and when one of the villains made a pot size bet after a 10 on the river I was 90% sure he had the King, ( made a straight) so I put him all in for his last $15 which he insta-called.( expecting to split the pot probably)

I've been trying to increase my preflop aggression at the cash tables, without changing my game too much.When I limp with hands like AQ I'm not going to go broke on an Ace high flop with it.Ok,it was a miracle flop for me but part of the benefit of mixing it up and limping sometimes is the deception it offers.Too much mixing it up and all round fancy play can easily come back and bite but the whole point of poker is to deceive and sometimes the best way to do that is not by playing by the book.

Ok,thanks for reading....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document