Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Time to change

After extensive high level negotiations ( a couple of blog comments back and forth) Burnley Mik and I have decided to move the Bloggerment start time to 8pm.This may just be a temporary measure as the DTD game it clashes with only has a couple more weeks to run.

Last nights poker wasn't exactly a roaring success.I watched some football and then an excellent cardrunners video before starting with a $16 turbo.I had my AK beaten by A4 before pushing with 33 and running into 1010.Of course I hit a 3 on the flop,smiled a big happy smile and then watched a ten hit on the river.

The good news is that I did some searching around the net and downloaded a "vista friendly" gametime +.Gametime is the add on for Pokertracker which shows realtime stats on opponents at the table and is a vital tool for any cash game player.It now works ( at least on Bet365) and even updates as I'm playing.The lack of Pokertracker was one of the main reasons I upgraded to a new laptop and I'm delighted it now seems to be working properly.

The only problem is that I've no idea where I downloaded the vista friendly GT+ from and right now there's probably some Russian hacker playing $1000nl blindfold with my bankroll!

Sadly PT didn't help me win last nights cash session.I made one marginal call (52% fav when money went in!) for my stack with 89c on a Kh 7c 10c board.I had the straight flush draw and open-ended straight draw, but the villains K2 held up.I managed to win back some of that loss by playing more a more solid game and by using my tight image to make a couple more preflop reraise steals.

I've decided that I need to adapt my mindset and begin to think a bit more long term.Being happy about one sng win and then feeling cheesed off at a suckout in the next one is not the way to approach poker.I need to trust my game,be aware I will still make mistakes and start putting some decent poker hours in at the tables.

Before I go here a few of the latest self-help book titles designed for people in my hometown of Glasgow...


One for the Christians in Possil: God Loves You and Will Protect You, But Carry a Big Stick with a Nail In It Anyway

The Joy of Six-Packs.

Lowering Your Sexual Self-Esteem.

Confidence, Self-Esteem and Assertiveness: They Are Completely Beyond You.

Family Relationships: Dream On.

Minimising Your Potential.

Sexual Relationships and Why You Will Never Have One.

Women's Issues: Who Cares?

Depression: How to Achieve It.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, 06 November, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

Ah, If you download gametime plus as usual, create a shortcut on your desktop, right click on the icon and then click run as administrator gametime plus should work with vista.
Magic.

 
At Wednesday, 07 November, 2007, Blogger dD said...

lmfao ! love the books ....... think i've read most of 'em ... he he he :)

had a swim in your pond last night ... played 3 ... and bagged a third place for $54 ... woot !! six-big-bucks-profit *)

however, well seen you guys have no kidz !!

PLEASE tell me this new start time is temporary !!!!

regards

dD

 
At Wednesday, 07 November, 2007, Blogger TanOrpheus said...

Excellent! 8pm is usually before my doom switch gets hit.

Gives a little time to play very small stakes cash too once the bloggerment bloggers go busto :)

 
At Wednesday, 07 November, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hmmm it's back to needing a nudge on every 5 mins but at least it works Juice.

Read most of them dD? You probably wrote most of 'em!

I reckon the Bloggerment start time change will only be temporary btw...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document