Saturday, April 19, 2008

Chill Pill time...



Don't forget to register for this Sundays Britbloggerment on Stars.Open to all!

I've only played 5 games since my last post,losing $53 in the process.My downswing continues and in truth I'm beginning to wonder if I have the stomach for it all anymore.Last night after a fine evening with the s-man watching the excellent "American Gangster", I came home and played 4 games.

I'm trying to still be positive when at the tables and not play any differently, but I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to play at all when it just seems I can't ever get a hand to hold up or win a race.Aces cracked by 22 and Kings falling to QJ were last nights lowlights.When I had the KK and the Queen fell on the flop I would have happily placed a sidebet that a Jack/another queen would follow on the turn or river.( and it did)

Even when I get lucky it ends with a kick in the teeth.My only cash was a 4th place and in that one I shoved K2c ,ran into JJ in the big blind,flop was Kh2h5h and of course the villain rivered a heart to go with his Jack of hearts and made the flush which sent me out.

Perhaps I've just been a little tired this week, as normally if I had a start like that I would just put it down to the nature of turbos and fire up some more.I've run just as badly plenty of times over my first ten games of the night and then cashed in a few to give me a decent winning night over maybe 15-20 games in total.This time I just gave up and went to bed.

I've now played 109 turbos this month and have made $99 at 12% roi which is poor considering last month I played 240 games,ran at 33% roi and made $1240.In Feb I played 242 games and made $1029 at 32% roi and in January I made $1234 from 300 games at 63% roi.I don't see the last few months stats as just being a one offs either as my roi over 1685 games is 32%.

Anyway I do feel a bit more wide awake to today after a long lie and I will give myself a boot up the backside before I play again, as taking a woe is me attitude to the virtual felt is not goot at all.



Todays plan is to take Nacho a long walk and then hit the tables.Tomorrow I'm going to the Scottish Cup semi at Hampden and next week I'll be getting the flat ready ( cleaned!) for Rosie visiting.( only 6 sleeps to go!)

Reading my currant bun ( The Sun) with my rolls, square sausage and cup of tea, I was shocked to see a survey out which says that Glasgow women are the ugliest in the UK and that Bristol girls are only number 4 on the top ten prettiest list! Shurely shome mishtake! ( my finest Sean Connery impression is probably better in print!)




Glasgow girls aren't that bad and from a statistically significant sample size of one I'd have to put Bristol at numero uno for the prettiest girls by a country mile!!

Just shows that you can't believe everything you read in the papers...

I'm going to try and get another early ( earlier than 3am is early at the weekend) night tonight but if I'm still up at 4am I'll be tuning in to cheer on Joe Calzaghe against Bernard Hopkins.I think Clazaghe will win ( probably on points) and it should be a cracking fight.Let's get ready to rumble....

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Sunday, 20 April, 2008, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Did they give each other a manly cuddle after the fight?

 
At Sunday, 20 April, 2008, Blogger Juice said...

Apparently london ladies come second! result.

 
At Monday, 21 April, 2008, Blogger Defender said...

Hello,

My name is Mike. I am a big fan of your site. I recently started my own poker blog and wanted to know if you would be interested in linking our sites up? My site is:

http://system.squarespace.com/poker-project/

My journal already draws a good amount of visitors, but the poker section is new. Anyways, best of luck to you.

-Mike

 
At Monday, 21 April, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

They didn't DF.Probably because Hopkins comments prefight went a bit further than the usual banter.

Usually good manners to let 'em come first J ;-)

Added your link Michael.All the best with your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document