Thursday, April 17, 2008

Decisons,Decisions

Poker is all about making the right decisions.You're on tilt? Just be sure you're still making those correct decisions and all will be ok.

Simply submit any poker decision you wish to check to the poker ombudsman and you can instantly discover if you're a shark or a donkey.Ahh if only it was that easy!

In fact though many poker decisions may seem black and white,in order to progress and move your game forward I think it's better to keep an open mind and welcome those grey areas where a move may seem wrong or to go against the accepted grain, afterall the game is constantly changing.

I've also learned from watching players like Annette_15 that it's those players who have that little bit extra in their lockers who are generally more successful.Those who are not afraid to fail or look stupid if a move doesn't come off will ultimately do better than those who stick to ABC poker gleaned from books.

I recently mentioned in a post I'd crashed out of a game after shoving 93 off suit and that I felt I should have been more patient.In fact on reflection I was being far too results orientated and my move was fine.Perhaps not a move I could look up in a poker book and reassure myself that it's common and therefore ok.It is though the kind of move that's worked for me on many occasions and just because I ran that particular 93 off into AK soooted doesn't mean that right circumstances I wouldn't hestiate to do it again.( even if only once per session)

On the football front I wasn't happy that Rangers lost a goal in the last minute to lose 2-1 to the orcs. however it has given our rivals a little hope in the title race and I don't mind that as it will make it all the sweeter if we can see it through and bring the league flag home.

Ok,I'm off to catch up on last nights Apprentice.Tomorrow night I'm heading over to the s-mans and on Sunday it's yet another cup semi-final for Rangers as we continue to pursue the Quadruple dream...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At Friday, 18 April, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when did the gers sign up Maradonna?

s-man ;-)

 
At Friday, 18 April, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

They probably wouldn't as he's not old enough yet :-)

 
At Saturday, 19 April, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

link swap

http://thebustedman.blogspot.com/

 
At Sunday, 20 April, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No probs bustedman,linked you up mate.

 
At Wednesday, 23 April, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your comment about poker not being so black and white. That's what I find difficult about the game is what call to make in the grey areas. Also, it's true what you write, you need to watch other players you respect and learn from their strategies and techniques.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document