Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Don't Cry For Me.....

Stars continues to kick me in the junk on a nightly basis.I've only played 100 sngs there this month and just can't seem to get going at all.( down $120 )

It seems every single time I sit down at Stars I'm destined to get screwed over.I don't like complaining after one bad night or a few bad sessions as that's just the way turbos roll, but this is just relentless.If you play a couple of games per evening, imagine running like this over the next 50 nights...

Aq losing to QJ started Monday night off.Of course I folded 108 on the very next hand and watched nearly the whole table ( maybe just felt that way!) going all in on an A 8 8 flop.Next up was AK losing to A9 ( 9 on river ) and late on in my next game I had 44 beaten by AQ rivering an Ace.I made it as far as the bubble in my last game that night and duly crashed out on yet another suckout.

In my first game last night I had my QQ busted by 88,the two outer arriving on the river as usual.Ok,don't lose the plot,stay calm,shove this AJd and laugh at the fish calling with his Kh7h on the Jack high flop.Stop laughing when said fish hits a runner runner heart flush.

Next up a fish limped on my big blind late on in a game and I shoved K10 over the top of his limp.Insta-called by his 106 and of course the 6 duly falls on the turn.( just to make a change from being rivered)

Somehow I managed to take 2nd in one game before the crap kicked in again.On a positive note perhaps I should be grateful I'm only down $120 so far on Stars despite my the variance fun.

Thankfully I have the support of my family to see me through this nasty spell."Thought you'd just love to know that over the last month my ROI is 18% and yours is 7%!!!! ", wrote my Mum in an email today!

Letting crap variance get to me and affect my game is not on the agenda.I may brush off bad beats quite well most of the time, but this doesn't mean I'm not competitive and don't care.I just know that caring too much in the short-term can affect my long term bottom line and that cannot be allowed to happen.

I'm looking forward to the arrival of a couple of new poker books this week.I've ordered Gus Hansens "Every Hand Revealed" and Phil Shaws sng book.Shaw is Jackal69 on Cardrunners and I've enjoyed learning from a ton of his videos.Hopefully the book will be as good.

Ok,tonight I'm about to get the dinner on and watch the friendly between Scotland and Maradona's Argentina.I've only seen footage of Pele playing and would rate Maradona as the greatest player ever to grace a football pitch.( except possibly Carlton Palmer).His "hand of god" goal against England made him a national hero in Scotland and I'm sure he'll get a good reception tonight.

Personally, I preferred his other goal from the same game...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, 19 November, 2008, Blogger Klopzi said...

Fickle poker player that I am, I've decided to give SNGs another run.

I went ahead and ordered the Phil Shaw book myself (i.e. "If it's good enough for Littleacornman, it's good enough for me").

I won't be able to put in quite as much volume so I'm sure that variance will have me back at the cash games in no time flat.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up RE: the new SNG book.

 
At Wednesday, 19 November, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope the crap stops kicking you soon


StackTown

 
At Thursday, 20 November, 2008, Blogger AllanDuke said...

Ha! Your mum has a higher ROI than you.

 
At Friday, 21 November, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Ahh GL with the sngs Klopzi and I hope the book is half decent after you ordered it on my recommendation!

Alan:Only this month!! Jeeez gimme a break!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document