Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Update

On Wednesday night after watching Scotland go down 1-0 to the Argies ,I hit the tables for a wee while.I won two out of the four games I played, although I actually went to bed a little annoyed at myself for initially feeling quite pleased that I had a winning night.When I play 20-30 games per night at the weekend I focus on decisions and if I crash out of one game I fire another up without a second thought, and yet this week when I played 4-6 games per evening I seem to focus far more on the results of individual games.

Perhaps I shouldn’t be as hard on myself.I have run like crap recently and it was good for my poker soul to bag a quick couple of wins from four games.I did say I’ve mainly been feeling that way this week, as last week I nearly titled a post “Good News, Bad News”. The good news being that I’m getting better at being indifferent to results, and the not so good news being that indifference makes it harder to blog about how I’m doing with any degree of passion.( except for the occasional bad beat rant)

Last night for example I played about six games and only cashed in one of them.Yes there were a few boring bad beats and the usual lost races, but it was just an average not so great night at the tables and nothing worth writing home ( or here!) about.

Ok,I've got Nacho all weekend.Time to take him out before the s-man arrives for an evening of PS3 shoot 'em ups with our good friend Jack Herer....

4 Comments:

At Saturday, 22 November, 2008, Blogger Nick said...

"I actually went to bed a little annoyed at myself for initially feeling quite pleased that I had a winning night."

Jeez man - you're a robot!!

 
At Sunday, 23 November, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hmm probably more I-Donkey than I-Robot...!

 
At Saturday, 29 November, 2008, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Saturday, 29 November, 2008, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

I'm going to be wasting a lot of time over christmas doing some gaming. Could you recommend anything? I was thinking of fallout 3 or call of duty world at war.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document