Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hot Feet



Actual start time is 16:00 est/21:00 Gmt.Find the Brit Blogger game under the Private tab on Full Tilt.Open to all.


Thanks to Rosie I'm now the proud owner of a pair of luxury cashmere socks, and I'm pleased to say they made a successful debut at yesterdays zero degree 2-0 win over the sheep ( Aberdeen) at Ibrox.Who has ever heard of socks which require to be hand washed?! Not me! I'll maybe need to pop to the post office as Rosie forgot to include some SAE'S ( stamped addressed envelopes) for posting them back to Bristol when they need cleaned...( I wonder if the Post Office sell brave pills too!)

Rosie also sent me "The Yiddish Policeman's Union" book and I'll give it a go when I've finished Christopher Brookmyre's "A Snowball in Hell", which I'm really enjoying so far.I'd also recommend Iain Bank's "The Steep Approach to Garbadale" and Irvine Welsh's "Crime" which were both decent reads.I'll be picking up the two poker books ( Phil Shaw's on sng's and Gus Hansen's latest) I ordered from the Post Office this week too at some point ,giving me plenty to read over the dark winter months.

To the poker and there's not much to report.Time flew by on Friday night as the s-man,Jack and I tackled the Bond shooter on his PS3 and the few games I played later on didn't go well.

Last night I forgot the Dr Pauly ( I blame Jack!)PLO game and logged on too late to play.I had a decent night at Party though at the $22's and banked a few nice cashes.Normal service resumed with a nasty bubble exit in my last game there and I decided to move to Stars for some more beats!I just can't seem to get going at all on Stars this month and the usual runner runner flushes and 2 outers were out to get me it seems.I played fifteen games and only two wins kept my losses to only $35.It was still a +$140 night after my Party fun and one of those two Stars wins was my last game of the night at 4am so I probably shouldn't grumble too much!


I liked a quality thread Burnley Mik started over on Raisetheriver about controlling tilt.I started a reply, however the influence of my good friend Jack Herer ( google him from home if you’re wondering what I mean) meant I wasn’t sure if my words made perfect sense or were complete mince.I think I decided on the latter and deleted before hitting the submit button!

BM mentioned that he finds being very competitive makes him tilt more at times as he wants to win so badly.My reply was intended to be something along the lines of advising him to try harder to channel that competitive spirit into an absolute determination to deal with beats better than the next player.If we can compete on skill, then why not compete on emotional control too? We can’t control our luck ( or villains actions),only our reaction to it.

I can honestly say that with the exception of the very occasional sarcastic "nh" or "wp",I have never ever berated anyone in a chatbox.To me it shows weakness and reminds me of a spoilt child stamping his feet.I know ye auld "we profit from donkeys" line seems to invoke ye auld "but I still want to cut them into little pieces" reply from many, but I prefer to think about what happens when there's not much donkery at all.The answer is that the blinds end up sky high for everyone and it's even more of a crapshoot than usual.

Perhaps it's also an ego thing too if I'm honest.If some fish gets lucky and outdraws me, there's no way I'm giving them the added satisfaction of showing that it's affected my mood.My gut reaction is to blame my luck rather than the villain and that's probably the main thing which stops me spewing in the chatbox.


Poker as we know is a game of information and giving anything away can cost some of the small precious edge we have over the fish.A quick glance at my favourite spot on the ceiling,rapid controlled breathing,clenched fists and a wee pep talk to myself are a few of my standard ways of controlling my tilt monster.

Now don't get me wrong,away from the tables ( on the roads for example!)I'm can be just as childish and petulant as the next person.Honking my horn loudly, furiously pointing at my indicators, whilst also shouting "Are they not fuckin' working?",is, I'm afraid, a fairly regular occurence!

I also get that "nobody,ever, anywhere in the world of poker runs as badly as me" feeling all the time too, but I console myself by looking at previous results and knowing that "This too will pass".It had better or I'm throwing my lappy out the window...

Back soon...

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Sunday, 23 November, 2008, Blogger Wildcat said...

Good advice re the donkeys. I will try to remember it, very hard though it is at the time ;)

 
At Monday, 24 November, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good night acorn.

As I mentioned, Bond QoS is the other game available for the PS3 ;-)

s-man

 
At Tuesday, 25 November, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with wildcat. I really wish I could control myself better, but it always gets to me. Maybe if I can get chat bans everywhere it could be the solution! ;o)

And I won;t even get started on road rage.lolol.

ATB

BM

 
At Tuesday, 25 November, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers for the comments lads and nae steamin' at the tables :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document