Thursday, November 27, 2008

My Boy

The ex Mrs A was working tonight so I picked Nacho up and brought him to stay with me.I took him out for his usual game of football and when we arrived back I noticed blood on the the stairs leading to my place.He's had wee cuts before and I wrapped some tissue round his leg.When he got up from his bed though,the bleeding started again and I had to take him down to the emergency vets.

The ex Mrs A is in the PDSA ( free treatment) and I could have taken him to them first, but because the ex was working and I didn't have the right documents I wanted to be sure he'd get treated.The first vet told me he had burst a blood vessel and charged £115 for a bandage.As they wanted £350 for the op,I've now taken him to the PDSA where they said they'll keep him overnight just to keep an eye on him and give him stitches in the morning.

I know anesthetics are pretty safe and it's a fairly standard wee op but for some reason it's really upset me and I've been in tears since I got back without him.I suppose like most dog owners he's more than just a dog to me, and when I've struggled at times since moving back to the flat last year,he's been around to keep me sane.

I also hate leaving him there although I know he's in good hands.Anyways I've cleaned up the blood stains on the carpet as best I can and the ex Mrs A has promised to text me tomorrow and keep me updated.Fingers crossed all will be ok.

Scottish men don't cry so I'm off to get a grip and roll a fat one...

Edit: No post today but I'm happy to report that Nacho is fine.He's just like his Daddy now.He runs badly too...

4 Comments:

At Friday, 28 November, 2008, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

I hope Nacho gets well soon!

 
At Friday, 28 November, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks DF.He's come through his wee op ok,thankfully!

 
At Friday, 28 November, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear he is ok mate. The greatest pokerplaying dog in history is back!

Get well soon nacho.

BM

 
At Saturday, 29 November, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers BM.He'll be back at the turbos in no time ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document