Friday, January 13, 2012

Take me to your Dealer

I was sad to see on a tv news item about falling newspaper sales that it's only an urban myth that the day after the Titanic sank the Aberdeen Press and Journal paper ran with the headline "North East Man Lost at Sea".That story always made me smile.

It's not been too bad a week considering it was my first full week back at work after the Xmas holidays.I caught up with Step A on Wednesday night and last night I was over seeing my folks and wee nephew before getting a call asking if I'd like to see a man about a dog.( score some weed)

As usual it wasn't straightforward and after driving to one dodgy housing estate my mate/dealer went in for a cup of tea and I had to drive some stranger to an even dodgier area to collect the goods.At least he was a better class of stranger than the one I met the last time I scored.We went to pick up this loser who was supposed to be waiting for us and had to go and kill time for an hour because he wouldn't come with us until a football game on tv finished.

This salt of the earth guy then spent the car journey to yet another dodgy place telling tales of how he had ripped off this guy and that guy and even the charming story of him heading home drunk one night and deciding to break a jewellers window to steal some watches.He was half cut too and as he staggered off with my money I did wonder if I'd ever see him again.Thankfully he did return and all was good.For anyone wondering,my dealer said he has known this excuse for a human being for over 20 years and that made me feel it would probably be ok.

I'm sure I've told this tale on my blog before but I've searched and can't find it so apologies if I'm repeating myself.When my friends and I were in our late teens I used to drive us to the obligitory dodgy housing estate to score small bits of weed.As I drove us there I sat in the car whenever we arrived and let my friends visit the dealer "Jimmy Snipe" to get the goods.One day I decided I wanted to go in with them in case I wanted to go up myself one day and without giving much thought to Jimmy's nickname I warmly shook the dealers hand and said "Ah you must be Jimmy Snipe,nice to meet you".

It was probably only the fact that we were such good customers that saved me from getting a kicking as Mr Snipe's nickname was only used behind his back because he used to snipe ( cut) bits off the weed he was selling and nobody ever got the weight they paid for.

Ok,after another week of non smoking it's time to take Nacho out before coming back to spark up and hit the tables....

Labels:

6 Comments:

At Friday, 13 January, 2012, Blogger dD said...

lmfao you fucking eejit .. "nice to meet you" .. how the fuck did you make it oot yer teens making super fishy calls like that !!
too funny :)
ps yer lucky he didnae snipe wan o yer fingers aff or even worse ....

 
At Saturday, 14 January, 2012, Blogger Josie said...

LOLLLLLLLL Hi Jimmy Snipe! I should just mail you some and save you all that effort, but um, that's prolly not a good idea either. :)

 
At Saturday, 14 January, 2012, Blogger lightning36 said...

Reminds me of when I was a freshman in high school. I had just come from the private schools and did not know many of my new classmates. Everyone called one guy Mike Ballstrummer and I thought that was his real name. It took me awhile to figure out that they were calling him ball strummer, which kind of sounded like his last name. lol

 
At Tuesday, 17 January, 2012, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Dudley,yeah it was a lucky escape.I'd guess he didn't want to lose a few of his best customers or it could have been nasty!

lol Josie,got sorted in the end and now that the hols are over it'll be many months ( well 2-3 at least!) before I need to go through it all again.


Great story Lightning.At least you'll never forget his name if you ever meet again!

 
At Tuesday, 31 January, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

old times indeed!! Mr Snipe was an upsatanding piller of the community, I think you had him all wrong ;)

The Salmon

 
At Wednesday, 01 February, 2012, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Ha superb Mr Salmon.Yup though strangely enough the Queen keeps leaving him out of the new years honours list.Sir Snipe has a fine ring to it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document