Saturday, June 24, 2006

Go Bruno!

This really will be a short post.In bed for 4am and up at 10.30am when our new tv arrived.I've got it set up and it looks the dogs cajones.All lcd'd up man!

Last nights poker turned out ok in the end though my Inter challenge total sits at a mere $96 after a couple of unsuccesful sngs and some card dead play at a cash table.When da bloggers left I moved to Laddys $50 nl 6 max for the first time this week.No boring bad beat details but I was caught twice by fish hitting 2 outers and took it on the chin and bounced back.The first player apologised and said he was "v v lucky". "np.nh.we all need a little luck",I replied,hoping he would commit his stack in a simliar situation again.I wont say it wasn't a head shaker but I don't seem to let genuine bad beats affect me anywhere near as much as when I make a mistake or misjudgement and get annoyed at myself.

Being competitve and a perfectionist ( at the tables anyway) can be good and bad for my game at times.Learning to accept that I've laid the trap,the villans fallen head first into it and yet I have no divine right to see the chips come my way ,is all part of the game.

Left $50 up from my 4 hours of 6 max play.Could have been $20 more but I seem to get braver as the night goes on and played 1/2 hour of $300 nl just before bed and ended up playing a little scared and folding too much despite seeing obvious postions to steal.I did wonder just how much better the $300 nl players are when a $460 pot was won with 107 who went all in on a 7 5 5 rainbow flop.It held up and I did fleetingly think of what might have been ( I'd folded Q7) but unless I'd been on tilt or at the table longer for a decent read,I don't think I could have called an all in on a board like that with 2 players in.Of course had I stayed in the hand would probably have played out differently anyway.

It could be worse.I could be Bruno the bear. Gaun yersel Bruno son.Don't let the bassa's take ye alive!

Down to the last 16 in the World Cup and most of the 2nd round matches look straight forward.I expect Germany to beat Sweden and Argentina to win against Mexico today.It's been a good world cup so far and hopefully now there's no meaningless games ,it should get even better.

Wimbledon starts on Monday and although I'm not a huge tennis fan I do enjoy this tournament.I used to batter a ball off a wall with my racket for hours pretending to be Borg and McEnroe slugging it out.Boris Beckers win as a 17 year old in 1985 was pretty awsome too.It would be nice to see Andy Murray do well this year.Not sure if he has the fitness levels or game required but he certainly seems to have enough fire in his belly and having that kind of drive and determination can take him far.

Back tomorrow with quick stats update.Enjoy the weekend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document