Monday, June 26, 2006

McEnroe wins by three sets to one..

Continued my sng fest with two more last night after the football.Shame the ref ruined the Holland v Portugal game by dishing out a record number of yellow/red cards and I hope that's his last game in charge of game at this World Cup.Sadly that's one of my tips out ( sorry Jordan) but hopefully Brazil can go on and do the business.The early games kick off at 4pm UK time and I'll need to get to bed a helluva lot earlier than last nights 1.30am if I'm going to get away from work in time to watch them.

Ghana have been exciting to watch and the Brazilians just seem to be warming up after a slow but winning start to the WC.That's tomorrow's 4pm game and with France V Spain at 8pm its going to be a great day for football.

Wimbledon also started today and it's the one tennis tournament I love watching.Makes me laugh when football managers talk about players being tired because they've played two 90 minute games in a week when tennis players can play 5 hour games and come back for the next round a day later.Caught the end of the classic '81 final on Sky last night ,when McEnroe got revenge for '80 , beat Borg and stopped him making it 6 in a row.What a game that was.

I mention tennis because I read an interview with retiring umpire,Alan Mills, where he mentions when McEnroe destroyed Connors and says "I told McEnroe I thought he'd played superb tennis and had only made four mistakes all match.He looked at me and replied he believed it was just two mistakes and a couple of bad bounces".

Great wee anecdote but it struck me that although he played superb tennis and destroyed his opponent he still made mistakes even if only once or twice.Poker and tennis are very different ( see it's an education reading this blog) but I think I need to realise that even if I play my best game I can't expect to be completely error free. I think I need to take it a little easier on myself sometimes when I make a poor play at the tables and move on a little more easily from it.I don't mean I play poker as well as Super Brat played tennis btw!( if only).

Mistakes,bad moves and slips in concentration happen to all players I suppose in most sports/games but in poker it's especially tough as you can be losing in a session without making any mistakes at all and one or two added to some nasty variance can really damage a roll.The answer is obviously just to play perfect poker all the time...

Back to the Sngs and I bubbled in the first one and won the £5 second one.The £5 ( $9 aprox) was certainly tighter than the $5 I've been playing recently but there were still more than a few fish too.One guy calling a raise with 96 sticks in my mind.I was at that table with Miasdad and we both had a laugh speculating when the same fish finally made his first preflop fold as to his holding.

$45 up last night. I was reading Kronsdats blog and was pleased to read he has joined the $50 Inter "race to $1k challenge".Welcome aboard! I'll try and get some latest standings posted soon though I think Miasdad is way out in front just now with over $400. I'm on $157.

Back tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document