Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sunday stats

Enjoyed the fine game between Argentina and Mexico last night before hitting the tables,starting with a few sng's at Inter.I won two and crashed out the other when my 99 crashed to 44 when a 4 fell on river.Quite pleased though as I've won 10 sngs' from about 16 or 17 played this week.I'd never considered sng's before as a way to make $$ at this game as I've always played ring games for the money and sng's for fun but if I can continue to be in the money as often I may need to think again.

I had an interesting chat with Rosie about running badly and dealing with it.I lost most of my sng profit in one hand at Inter and then lost $145 at Ladbrokes after losing with big pairs to flopped monsters.I moved to $200nl and won back $45 to leave my stats as follows : Ladbrokes $1190,Inter $112,Pokerroom $1067. Total $2369 ( -$96 for week).

I seemed to run badly at the 6 max cash games and run well at the sng's.Just checked out my username and a few others at sharkscope.com . If I do keep at the sng's I think it would be useful to sign up there.


I mentioned to Rosie that I cope with the downward swings in a couple of ways and as I don't have much else to witter about today,I thought I'd mention 'em here.

Firstly I try and see my bankroll total as being fluid and in my mind it sits at between $2-$3k rather than being fixed at $2369.Sure I'd rather have won last week than lost $96 but my roll total is about the same in my mind so I don't feel I have to chase to pull it back.I also find the simple act of posting my stats on a Sunday helps me as I then have a fresh slate to start with every week after I post.

It also helps of course when I can look at last weeks profit or if I have two losing weeks then I can look at last months profit and so on.I've read a lot on bankroll sizes for nl and my own feeling is that for 6 max nl I want at least 40 buy-ins.That may seem conservative but it gives me the security of knowing that it would take a run of nightmare proportions to bust me and I like that feeling! That doesn't mean I wont play $100 or $200 nl until I reach $4k and $8k but I wouldn't do any more than take shots at those levels until properly rolled.

I've earned 9.2bb/100 over 11k hands at Laddys since I got PT working again ( thx Juice) on Dec 2oth last year.( $8.85 per 100 hands).Even if I moved up successfully to $200 nl and won 3bb/100 I wouldn't be making as much as just now.This is why despite the lack of reload bonuses and decent incentives,Ladbrokes is still my favourite site.I've 70% of a $100 bonus at Inter done and I'm tempted to take a shot at $50nl or $100 nl to try and work off the bonus more quickly but I may go the other way and just play sng's to try and build that roll.

I'm still waiting on my Inter cashout cheque arriving.I hate the e-cash system Inter uses as I can only cashout by cheque and they take forever.For reload bonuses at Pokeroom I can simply cashout to my debit card and cash straight back in.I must have missed a ton of bonuses at Inter due to this rubbish system.

Ok off to watch the rest of England v Equador.Not a great game so far after 32 mins.Tonights match between Portugal and Holland is a mouth watering prospect though.Roll on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document