Monday, January 28, 2008

Bloggament Donkaments

I warmed up yesterday by crashing out of a couple of $6 turbs before joining my fellow donks for the Bloggerment at 9pm on Stars.Sadly Rosie couldn't repeat last weeks win and was first out after running JJ into AA.

I doubled up after a slightly rash push with AQ soooted against JJ and battled to stay within touching distance at a tough table after that.Congrats to Amatay for taking it down.He was a tough opponent as usual and I had to make a few moves to stay afloat and combat his aggression.I ended up shoving KJ when three handed and ran into his A7.I've no problem with the call as I'm sure he expected me to be shoving light as I was the shortstack with three left and he had me well covered.

Next I hit up a set of four $16 turb's and crashed out of them all,bubbling in the last two.It seems like there is an unwritten rule which says the shortstack in these situations will always double up unless it's feckin' me! I realise AQ v 64 o/s is not exactly 95% favourite but watching the shorty river a 6 after a donkey call wasn't pleasant.

I joined Rosie for a few $6 ,18 player turbos and made the money a couple of times.Rosie played well and won two back to back ,beating me HU for one of them.

I removed my blindfold after that HU game (hehe)and hit up two more $16's before bed and took one down to leave me ahead for the night.I think I went to bed trying to work out how many turbs I'd need to play at $3 profit per game to be able to quit my job or job share at least! ( usual Sunday night thoughts before the dreaded Monday morning)

I seem to be able to 3-4 table now without too much difficulty but I'd really need to step that up to at least 6 at once to make decent dough.

I'll be updating my monthly stats soon and for the first time in a few years ( look away now variance gods) it feels like I'm heading towards making more than the my usual $4k per year.Perhaps my belief in tourneys for show and cash for dough may be mistaken.I used to hate sng's and used them as a distraction from my usual cash games, but over the last year I've found myself playing them far more often.

Right picking Nacho up tonight,off to Hampden on Wed night to watch the Gers and no doubt I'll find time to hit the tables too...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 29 January, 2008, Blogger Amatay said...

gg m8

 
At Wednesday, 30 January, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers amatay.Even gooder if I'd won ;-)

No probs swapping links with genuine bloggers EK.I'll check yours out and link you up shortly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document