Thursday, January 31, 2008

Monthly Stats Update

We won 2-0 last night to reach the League Cup final.Hampden park was dang cold though!

I popped over to the ex's afterwards and enjoyed looking after Step A until midnight.I did play one $6 turb but ran Tens into Aces to go out 7th.

When I arrived home it was getting late and I didn't feel like sitting down to play a tourney for an hour so I decided to hit a cash table...

It's been a couple of months since I last played a decent cash session and I felt quite rusty at first.It was only $50nl on Stars but it just seemed like one of those nights.I was card dead until I raised JJ and was reraised preflop.I had to fold that on a Queen high flop.

After more rubbish cards I finally began to get into the swing of it and when my 99 flopped a set I could see the $$ signs in front of my eyes.Sadly the villain had flopped a set of queens and it was bye bye buy-in.

I've written before about enjoying a wee smoke ( of da herb) when at the virtual tables and I came across an interesting article from the Metro today.It said that solving problems is really down to keeping an open mind.Brain scans show that volunteers who hit a mental block during verbal tests gave off strong gamma rays,which are linked with being focused and alert.However,those with high alpha rhythms - which are linked to a relaxed brain - were more likely to hit on the correct solution.

I think I'm heading out tomorrow night so I may not make the RTR league game.I will be hitting the tables tonight for a while as I only require 15 vpp's to hit silver status on Stars.When I played cash I never really made much in bonuses because I always chose table selection across a few sites ahead of earning player points at one site only.I'm not sure exactly what being a silver vip entails but the chance to double the speed I earn player points sounds good to me.

Stats are as follows: Pokerstars $2742 ( + $1001) ,Bet 365 $580 ( + 30),Party $1584 ( - $30),Full Tilt $467 ( + $43),Pokerroom $36 ( =),Ladbrokes $1593 ( - $7).
Total is $7002. ( + $1037 since Dec 31st).

After making almost exactly $4k per year for the last three years,I've now made $2192 in my first quarter of this year.( my real money anniversary is Oct 31st)
I don't want to get carried away after a good month but I really hope to hit the $4k profit mark within 6 months this time.I didn't ever think sng's could be as profitable as they are currently proving and for now I'll probably stick with them for the most part.

Ok,thanks for reading and thanks also to the 325 people so far, who have taken the time to view the poker video I made.

Back soon...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, 01 February, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got more viewers than channel 5!!
And never worry, we'll look after the Hutton lad, and you can have him back on a Bosman when he's 30
;o)

 
At Saturday, 02 February, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Lol Mr C!

Enjoyed this quote from Hutton.Maybe we'll get him back when he decides to step up again!

"The Premier League is one of the best in the world, and everybody knows that - so I think you have to take the step down here to show people what you've got."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document