Sunday, December 14, 2008

El Grande Classico



Actual start time is 9pm gmt ( 4pm est in lobby under "Private" tournaments)

I finished Friday night up $6 over 15 games on Stars.Last night the s-man was over for an evening of football and COD 5.The s-man isn't a big football fan, however I think even he enjoyed El Grande Classico live from the Nou Camp.Barca beat Real Madrid 2-0 in the worlds third biggest football derby game.( rated just below Burnley v Blackburn ,with Rangers v celtc being numero uno!)It was an excellent game and it was great to see Messi bounce back from being scythed down time after time to score a peach of a 2nd goal for Barca.

I did squeeze in a quick $22 during half-time and took it down.The s-man and I fired up COD 5 ( Call of Duty 5) on his PS3 afterwards and made more progress on the march to Berlin.

The s-man left around 1.30 ish and I wish I'd gone to bed instead of hitting the tables.I don't believe in doomswitches,cashout curses or any of that nonsense, but for the first time ever I have sent Stars a half joking email today to ask what the odds are of having KK busted by a smaller pair making a set four times in a row.( Aces made it number five when they lost to 77).Those were just some of the two outers I ran into.It probably hurt more because I stepped up a bit from my usual $16's ( about time eh!) and was playing $27's,$38's and even a couple of $60,18 player games.It was frustrating because I was aware I was just running horribly and wanted to play through it things swung back round my way a little.( it was 6.30am before I went to bed)I made 3rd in my last two $27's to reduce my Stars losses to about $200 for the night.

At higher sngs stakes $200 isn't a big deal I suppose and I've certainly moved on mentally from the days where a loss like that would devestate my game and confidence.I'm still about $40 up at Stars for the month and a lot more at Party and Ipoker so it's time once again to just take a big deep breath,sook it up and move on.

Back soon...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Sunday, 14 December, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya mate. can you drop me an email to mik@raisetheriver.com please. I can;t remember your email address.

Cheers

Mick

 
At Monday, 15 December, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acorn, it was a superb night and I have to say the footy was excellent (and you know my general opinion of football)...

Managed to fight through the nips and nazi as usual...

 
At Monday, 15 December, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

^^^^^
s-man

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document