Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Focus

I won a couple of sngs on Monday night after making a conscious effort to sharpen up my heads up game.Like a football team 4-0 up at half-time,I’ve been a bit guilty of taking my foot off the gas and settling for a decent cash at the HU stage.It’s more of a problem at single table games ( as opposed to 18 player turbs) as the payout jumps are steeper.( 50/30/20 instead of 40/30/20/10 )

I took a break from the poker last night ( playing at least!) and popped in to visit my parents before heading to the s-mans for some Call of Duty 5 action.I didn’t get back until just before midnight and watched a Cardrunners vid before bed.It was a leakfinder video and I wasn’t expecting much as people only usually seem to submit videos for the pro’s to analyse when they win/play fairly well.This time though the player involved made a ton of errors and I found I learned far more from listening to how the pro would play the rest of the hand after an initial error had been made.( Adanthar's review of Leedslad'smtt )

I should probably be watching videos on currency exchange rates as they are affecting my bankroll far more than the results of a few games each night.I almost punched the air when I heard more tales yesterday about the “Pound plunging against the Dollar”.

Ok,just back home after a fine pub dinner.Time to watch some football and maybe hit the tables later...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Thursday, 04 December, 2008, Blogger Amatay said...

exchange rate is redic atm. i love it!!!

 
At Thursday, 04 December, 2008, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

The pound is getting even weaker today! Our great country is well and truly f***ed!

 
At Thursday, 04 December, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Lol ,yeah long may it continue to drop eh!

 
At Friday, 05 December, 2008, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Alas, if it continues to drop then your prophecised trip to the Holy Land of Vegas will be even more expensive! Though I guess you're also getting a pay rise through this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document