Monday, December 08, 2008

Fitba',Poker,Bloggy Win

Rangers won 7-1 and celtc lost at the weekend so all is right with the world again.There were a few funny comments from the bloke behind me at the game.Our captain,Barry Ferguson,is struggling a bit after coming back from injury and has been getting a bit stick from some of the fans.Some have never forgiven him for leaving us to try his luck in England before he returned and was appointed Captain again.Anyway, this bloke tells us all he was " Late home last night,about 4am".The Missus says "What the hell's going on,coming in at this time?"."Fuckin Ferguson" our boy replied...Maybe you had to be there!

I didn't actually play much poker on Saturday night after bubbling Dr Paulys PLO game.I did watch Rosie cash in yet another Mtt and for the millionth time promised myself I'd play more of them...

I passed a Bot test on Stars at the weekend.I thought the aliens had landed when I noticed my 'Stars chatbox prompting me to type the word "Recoils" within the next 100seconds.At least it proves they have a sense of humour as it feels like all I've done on Stars recently is recoil from one beat after another!

I had a wee brainwave on Saturday night.Sit and go games are all about volume.If I'm making nearly $3 per game then it's no good feeling up or down over daily swings.I've not worked it out yet but I'm going to set myself a volume target,go for that and focus less on the short-term.I've now played 3.5k sngs on Stars and have got to have enough confidence in my game to know that regardless of swings, I'm still making $2-$3 per game.

To the Bloggy and thanks to all who showed up to play this week.Although the field may have been small,the assembled players were of the highest calibre and only a true poker warrior was going to triumph.( any guesses yet who that may be?!!) Yes,I luckboxed my way to victory after winning a few flips, and finally taking out "Betfare" heads up when my AK beat his 88.

It was great to see my old mate,Al Eleven,back at the felt and in the chat too.The S-man was round for an evening of COD 5 and after catching up with Al,we blasted the Japs until just after midnight.

After the s-man left I played an $11 sng with Juice ( didn't cash) and took down a $22 before hitting the sack.

Ok,that's me just about done.Btw ( By the way) if anyone is ever unsure of any acronyms or poker phrases used on the blog feel free to drop me line or leave a comment.Don't be left in the dark! Google is also your friend too in these situations.It's certainly helped me wise up!

Back soon.

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

At Monday, 08 December, 2008, Blogger AllanDuke said...

Does everyone have to pass a bot test? Or did someone turn you into Stars as a suspected bot?

 
At Monday, 08 December, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who did you beat heads-up? I thought it was someone else.

 
At Monday, 08 December, 2008, Blogger PW Burkimsher said...

Finally worked out how to add the links thanks to Mary. Seems we both need to stop looking at the short term results and just play more games, gl!

 
At Tuesday, 09 December, 2008, Blogger Nick said...

So you passed the "Bot" test.

I always thought you were a bot, and now you've confirmed it!

 
At Tuesday, 09 December, 2008, Blogger Gavin said...

Hi Acorn,
You took me out a little earlier. To be fair I would have been happy to get to heads up on the Bloggerment as I am 0/5 regarding any cashes and there's only fookin 9 of us :(
Cheers

SOTV

 
At Tuesday, 09 December, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, ole Jack messin with the memory methinks.

Sorted those nasty nips out bigstyle though..

s-man

 
At Tuesday, 09 December, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Allan:From checking around a few forums the bot test seems quite standard.

Anon/Gavin:Post now ammended.Doh!

Doom:This shortterm thing is not gonna be an easy habit to break!Gl trying!

Cloudy:Prepare to be exterminated!

s-man: A fine evening and yes I'm sure the memory thing is all Jacks fault!

 
At Tuesday, 09 December, 2008, Blogger Amatay said...

u won the bloggerment did ya fish? What a suprise! Not played it on a Sat yet. Might have to make a guest star appearance and bash u up abit m8

 
At Tuesday, 09 December, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Lol,it's still on a Sunday Amatay,you dozy fishay ;-)

9pm gmt,Full Tilt.pass:donkament

Superstar pro's welcome :-)

 
At Wednesday, 10 December, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I have a few, what is.

Cbetting
EV

thx

 
At Wednesday, 10 December, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Rich: C-betting is stands for continuation betting.If you raise before the flop and bet again after it you are making a c-bet.

Ev is for Expected Value.Regardless of the result of the hand your move always has either a positive or negative expectation.

For example if you just call with 67suited when first to act during the early stages of a game, you may well flop a flush or hit a big hand every now and then.In the long term though,that move will lose money and has a negative EV.

Hope that helps!

 
At Wednesday, 10 December, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

was gonna comment, but fuck it its tea time ... btw staying at the ramside hall hotel , durham .... look it up, oh la la very nice :)

regards

yer original stalker :)

 
At Thursday, 11 December, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmfao !!

forgot all about that picture :)

regards

the music man !!

 
At Thursday, 11 December, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Glad you liked Dudley! The earlier one of you on the motorbike was spookily like you eh?!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document