Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sng Coaching?

I'm glad I'm not addicted to poker.It's not as if I surf poker forums and watch training videos when I'm not playing,spend lunchtimes in Borders reading Bluff and other poker magazines, and like to take a complete break by watching the latest EPT coverage on Ch4.No reading poker blogs and reviewing my hand histories.It's just a wee hobby to me...

To the tables and for once I've actually made a decent start to the month.I've taken down a couple of $33's and even managed a winning night on Stars since I last posted.I don't like to generalise, but two games in particular summed up the difference between Party and Stars.I fired up an 18 player,$16 turbo the other night on Stars and it was 22 minutes before the first player went out.( I followed shortly after when my KK fell to feckin' A8!)I was playing on Party at the same time and the $33 I won took a total of 29 minutes to finish.I still love Stars software and the 18player structure but more and more I'm asking myself why I don't just stick to the worlds largest fishbowl.

I also had a fine afternoon yesterday.The company I work for gave us a half day off for Xmas shopping ( our team xmas "lunch" is now at 4pm so they giveth and they takest away)and I went over to my Mums on the way home for some pokery fun.I helped my Mum cash in a few $16's and the good news is that according to Sharky my Mum is now a winning player over the last year.We've come a long way since her raising with K10 from early postion days.

If I can help a wee old lady ( my Mum would lurvvve that description!) win at poker it has crossed my mind that I could help others too.I've had a couple of requests for coaching in the past that didn't come to anything for one reason or another, and I've no idea if anyone would be interested anyway.I don't even claim to be an expert sng player.How can I be as I only play up to $33 buy-in level?! I do however pretty much crush the low level turbos I do play and reckon I could help improve the game of anyone struggling to do likewise.When I was younger I wanted to be a teacher and the thought of combining a bit of teaching with my favourite hobby may be fun.I've not given much thought to any charges or even the style of coaching yet.Low and laidback come to mind though!Leave me a comment or drop an email to delcura03 at yahoo .co .uk if you're interested.

Ok,thanks for reading.Back soon....

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At Thursday, 11 December, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya mate,

Would you mind adding us to your links list (www.raisetheriver.com/poker-content) and we will return the favour.

regards

Mik

p.s. ws the party game not over faster because of fewer players and faster structure?

I know what you mean about the stars games though. becoming mega nit-fest.

 
At Thursday, 11 December, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No probs BM.I'll add link shortly.( when I donk oot the $22 I'm in!)

Party structure is certainly faster but 20 odd minutes before anyone crashed out of an 18 man..jeeez!

Get over to Party mate.You wont regret it!

 
At Friday, 12 December, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what games in particular do you reccomend on party mate?

 
At Friday, 12 December, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

The $22 and $33 single table turbos are very juicy BM.Even the few $55's I've played have been soft.GL!

 
At Saturday, 13 December, 2008, Blogger Amatay said...

lol, check out mik last post. wat is wrong with that fish

 
At Saturday, 13 December, 2008, Blogger Amatay said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Saturday, 13 December, 2008, Blogger Amatay said...

how comes loads of Amercian fish have ur blog linked m8?

 
At Saturday, 13 December, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Must have been a freaky set at Party!

I've had quite a few US blog links for years.Mainly because they were the only blogs around when I started here back in May '05.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document